Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dm2d3d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 06:34 PM
    How do I fill a router-ed channel?
    I am going to refinish my kitchen cabinets by sanding & repainting them. The fronts have a 1/2" wide router-ed channel around the perimeter, about 2" in from the sides. Is there some way I can fill the channel so as to create a totally flat surfaced cabinet front?
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Apr 14, 2009, 07:35 PM

Wood putty would be my choice. Apply enough to fill the channel & rise above the flat surface. It will shrink over 24 hours. It can then be sanded along with the rest of the wood to create a flat surface.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 08:01 PM

How wide/deep is this grove?

To wide and deep and a wood a basic wood filler could be a problem. Might have to go epoxy wood filler.

Epoxy is structural along with being a filler and it Won't shrink..
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 08:16 PM

Considering the amount of work and the likelihood for a wavy surface you could consider buying new plain front panel doors. Kitchen cabinet doors, refacing and remodeling center..
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 04:55 AM

How about router with a bit yourself to allow a piece of wood to be glued into new groove to allow a 1/2" X 1/4"? Or whatever strips of wood the putty, sand and paint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

D-Link Router DI-624 router settings log in issues [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having serious problems getting into the router settings of my D-Link router. Someone other than me messed with the Admin log in supposedly changing the password. I've attempted to "reset" the modem several times, and use what D-Link says is the admin log in of "Admin" and no password, but it...

Set up Dish 2 channel box to record on one channel? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I think that I understand this but I want to ask if my I have gotten is right. I am getting a dual channel Dish box. I currently have my single channel Dish box hooked up to a Sony DMR EZ27 DVD recorder. I have the Main (the shielded single cable) video output going from the Dish box...

View more questions Search