Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjricker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Where can I find articles that have fallacies in them. I'm having troublem finding ex
    Where can I find examples of fallacies online?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 06:35 PM

This might help you:-

Fallacy is an error in reasoning. Many fallacies appear persuasive and may lead people to false conclusions. Logicians (persons who study logic) divide fallacies into two main groups, formal and informal.

A formal fallacy is an argument containing a faulty structure or form. The following incorrect argument is an example of a formal fallacy: Since only seniors have their pictures in the book, and since John is a senior, then John's picture is in the book.

Informal fallacies are errors other than violations of the rules of formal logic. Logicians disagree about the number and kinds of informal fallacies. One informal fallacy, called hasty generalization, is the assumption that what is true of a few cases is true in general. The assumption that what is true of parts is also true of the whole is a fallacy based on a presumption or silent assumption. A fallacy of relevance is an argument in which the truth of the conclusion does not depend on the claims made by the premises.

Contributor: Morton L. Schagrin, Ph.D. Prof. of Philosophy, State Univ. of New York at Fredonia.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:22 AM

Hi, cjricker!

Please click HERE.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding fallacies [ 2 Answers ]

Find two examples of fallacies in a newspaper editorial or opinion magazine. For each fallacy you find, summarize the issue, and determine which side of the issue the writer supports. Categorize the fallacies based on their characteristics, and describe the impact of the fallacies on their...

Finding things in your yard you didn't expect to find [ 4 Answers ]

I found a cement slab that sits about 6 inches below my drive way it is a cement slab that is 5ft x 5ft with 9 1/2 inch circle in the middle of one end of it. It's weird I had never seen anything like it.

How to put articles on net [ 2 Answers ]

Respected Sir/Madam I, Ahrar Ahmad, want to know the way to put articles, speeches etc on net for public domain. Kindly guide me for the same and oblige. Thanking You Yours Ahrar Ahmad

How do I find people who are interested instead of me finding them? [ 4 Answers ]

I just became an associate in a home-based business with Pre-paid legal services Inc. because of all the publicity they have been getting on Tv and in magazines. Anyway, I will be making great commissions for every membership I sell or if I recruit another as an associate like I have become. It is...

Problems finding articles for assignment [ 1 Answers ]

I've got to find articles for my university assignment and I have difficulties to find a proper article. It supposed to be 15 pages long about internal audit and risk management or internal audit and corporate governance. Anyone can help me where or how to find the this kind of articles on the web?...

View more questions Search