Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lilmama1987 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Attendance Online
    How is attendance relevant in an online setting?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 10:43 AM

Why do you ask?

This sounds like a test/homework question.
    Lilmama1987 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 08:49 AM
    No. I have a friend that keeps telling me that she is going to take online classes because attendance isn't relevant in an online class. I need a really good answer because she is a very stubborn person.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 08:57 AM

It's not, but the teachers do call you, and it's a lot more work than people think it is. The grading is also a lot harder.

I know so I did some online schooling.

Sarah
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 02:27 PM

Depends on the school. For instance, University of Phoenix requires a certain amount of participation per week for "attendance" purposes.

So to say it is not required is a slanted view. The other point is that although attendance may not be expressly required, completing the work is and attendance (reading materials, participating in online lectures and discussions) may be necessary to pass the course.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 20, 2009, 02:36 PM

Also depends on the coursework. Some courses are self paced. Others will require attendance at online sessions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Highchool senior attendance [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a senior in high school and I've been absent a couple of times... actually many times I was sick but I haven't went to the doctor... and my friends told me that I might not graduate because I'm absent absent all the time even though I you have a good grades in all my classes. Can someone...

Law requiring school attendance [ 2 Answers ]

I have a grandson that will probably not go to school. His mom said there is such a thing as UNSCHOOLING in Indiana. Has any one ever heard of such a thing? Thanks

Probability of getting a warning due to non attendance [ 3 Answers ]

I work 250 days / year my average off sick is 5 days /year (mean Imay be off sick 5 days/year) if I am off sick 2 days within 13 weeks, I willget a warning what's the probability of having a warning? any help will be appreciated

Church attendance [ 5 Answers ]

I know when it comes to issues between myself and the Lord, it is only up to myself to make everything right. However, I am guilty of hardly attending mass on a regular basis. I managed to attend for Easter last year, but cannot find myself to attend on a regular basis. By the end of the work...

View more questions Search