Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jandtspencer Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Apr 15, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I had no idea how you came across the article hence why I didn't google it as, to be honest... you could have written it yourself or found it on some obscure page, there are some dodgy people out there.

I appologise if it seemed like I fired up at you, I'm a nice person... honest lol :D
    Oh! I believe you are a nice person! That's not what I was trying to say. In just a short time on this site I am learning who the "not nice" are. You have been really helpful and I hope I can continue to get advice when needed. I will take your advice about posting the website from now on... learn something new everyday lol:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 15, 2009, 08:24 AM

jandtspencer, we are all easy to get long with but people making a claim must back it up with substantiating evidence otherwise it doesn't mean much and up to scrutiny, as you found out.

Good luck with your future postings, and stick around to offer help and advice where needed.

Best regards

Tick
    MsCanFix Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2009, 08:56 AM
    The original poster did not create the "slander" the poster was simply voicing an opinion on what was read. PETA is the one who put it out there. Situations like this are so frustrating, should we all live in a non-inquisitive, rather robotic world and not voice ourselves and not have any questions or concerns. News gets started by things being voiced and then reported. Some things may be agreed with and some things not but again... freedom of speech! Open-mindedness would allow for the information on why IAMS has been under attack for so many years. Read the ingredients list... by-products that in itself creates cruelty, corn meal-just a filler.. Hey, I don't have stock in that company and don't use my hard earned money to support their lack of quality and why?. because I have educated myself on ingredients and quality and for that is why for years going back has IAMS always been under attack... is for their absolutely Gross ingredients list. Some have stepped back to see the light and some still live in the dark.
    jandtspencer Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Apr 15, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsCanFix View Post
    The original poster did not create the "slander" the poster was simply voicing an opinion on what was read. PETA is the one who put it out there. Situations like this are so frustrating, should we all live in a non-inquisitive, rather robotic world and not voice ourselves and not have any questions or concerns. News gets started by things being voiced and then reported. some things may be agreed with and some things not but again...freedom of speech! Open-mindedness would allow for the information on why IAMS has been under attack for so many years. Read the ingredients list....by-products that in itself creates cruelty, corn meal-just a filler..Hey, I don't have stock in that company and don't use my hard earned money to support their lack of quality and why???.....because I have educated myself on ingredients and quality and for that is why for years going back has IAMS always been under attack...is for their absolutely Gross ingredients list. Some have stepped back to see the light and some still live in the dark.
    Thanks miscanfix, you rock!. I thought I lived in America!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsCanFix View Post
    The original poster did not create the "slander" the poster was simply voicing an opinion on what was read. PETA is the one who put it out there. Situations like this are so frustrating, should we all live in a non-inquisitive, rather robotic world and not voice ourselves and not have any questions or concerns. News gets started by things being voiced and then reported. some things may be agreed with and some things not but again...freedom of speech! Open-mindedness would allow for the information on why IAMS has been under attack for so many years. Read the ingredients list....by-products that in itself creates cruelty, corn meal-just a filler..Hey, I don't have stock in that company and don't use my hard earned money to support their lack of quality and why???.....because I have educated myself on ingredients and quality and for that is why for years going back has IAMS always been under attack...is for their absolutely Gross ingredients list. Some have stepped back to see the light and some still live in the dark.

If you bad mouth a company in a public forum with no proof or evidence then it is slander.
    jandtspencer then provided the PETA site which stated exactly what she said it did so there was no problem after that.

How exactly does by-products create cruelty? The animals are slaughtered in a factory, humanely for the purpose of providing meat for human consumption... the left overs go into dog food. I personally don't feed my dogs food with by-products but that's just personal preference.

Here is an ingredients list for one of the large breed prosucts available through Iams:

Ingredients
    Chicken, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken By-Product Meal (Natural source of Glucosamine), Ground Whole Grain Barley, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Egg Product, Fish Meal, Chicken Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Flax Meal, Caramel, Choline Chloride, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), Dried Chicken Cartilage (Natural source of Glucosamine), Calcium Carbonate, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), DL-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Rosemary Extract.

The only thing that is 'bad' in there is chicken by-product, the by-product consists of the heads, intestines, underdeveloped eggs and blood of chickens... all tasty to a dog.

I think I'm going to bow out of this topic now though before it turns nasty :) peace out :)
    MsCanFix Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Peace out :) Again the poster was not slandering the company as PETA was. The poster said clearly in the very beginning where they found the claims and it was clearly spelled out that it was PETA!

So with any voiced stand about an issue or product for what I am understanding will be rejected... well how about this, I started on this site about a plumbing issue and quite frankly I personally feel Eljer toilets are junk now are you going to come back at me and say I don't have the right to make a claim like that with out documented information?

That's not how America works we can carry and voice our own opinions and nowhere does it say reports of any and all nature should not be talked about. Again, the poster was responding on the report from PETA and not the Originator of that report. Big difference.

ISSUE LEFT AS IS, AGREE TO DISAGREE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't eat dogfood [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Beagle Dachshund mix and we adopted him a couple of months ago, He seemed to be doing great but he would not eat regular dog food. I then started mixing Beniful and mightydog canned food together and he loved it but now its like he is sick of that and won't eat again. I have been mixing...

If ones wife mentally tortures her husband & her in-laws what & how one should move [ 2 Answers ]

If ones wife mentally tortures her husband & her in-laws and one is keeping quite for the sake of child & social implications. Now how one should move??

Hills Scientific Plan Sensitive Skin dogfood [ 13 Answers ]

My dog, an English Bulldog, suffers from excessive hair loss. I've got her on the Hills Scientific Plan Sensitive Skin dogfood which does not seem to help. What alternative dogfood can I look at?

Company introduction letter for audio/home theatre solution company [ 1 Answers ]

I want to introduce myself/company to one of the top interior designer. I am an individual dealing in audio / home theatre solutions. I want to an introduction letter for my company.

Diamond dogfood recall WARNING! [ 4 Answers ]

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST FAR AND WIDE Subject: DIAMOND Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:23:45 EST You may think the Diamond food scare is over, or that only a limited amount of product is involved. Not so. On Monday, March 6 - after 3 feedings of Diamond's Premium Edge Chicken, Rice and Vegetables...

View more questions Search