Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smalltowngirl09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Sick and tired of living in fear.
    This may sound, well, strange. But I have a fear of fainting. This is not a small fear, by any means, in fact, it's taking over my life. I'm afraid to leave my bed. I think about it 24/7! I can't go out, I can't get a job, I'm freaking out all the time. It is sooo bad that I'm even starting to experience the symptoms that come before fainting because I think about it so much. I had an experience, and it sounds silly now, but I think it might be where the fear originated. I have a job interview tomorrow, and it's been so long since I've been capable of doing anything that I think I may flunk this job, that I really need... Can anyone give me some advice? Am I the only one with this fear? It's driving me crraazzzyyy. I want to go out and live!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 03:21 PM

Think of it this way you are bound to the fear of leaving your bed because you have a fear of fainting. Which one would you have more of some kind of life with? The fear of leaving your house or the fear of fainting while having a life out of bed? Right now you are allowing BOTH fears to control you.
    Right now you have Agraphobia and Asthenophobia. The only best way to overcome fear is to face it and not let it get the better of you.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 07:50 PM
    Fear with the symptoms you describe are debilitating. With the way you describe how restricted your life has become, even getting out of bed and getting a job is not going to necessarily eliminate the fears.

It may really only add to the stress and the symptoms may get worse.

Please go and see a qualified professional doctor, and tell him exactly what you have said here. He/she will need to thouroughly evaluate your health, and advise you on what course of action to take.

This is not something unusual, and you are not the only one who has had fears to such an extent that they control your life. There are very effective methods of treatment that need to be discussed with your doctor.

You don't have to live like this.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Apr 14, 2009, 08:32 PM
    Our mind controls our thoughts and that is how we create our world. Our diffculties are due to ignorance of truth. We have accepted all sort of doctrine or creed with out very much consideration and they became truth to us. Our mind can be set free by renewing
    Our mind by knowing the truth. "Be ye transformed by the the renewal of you mind".
    We start by getting in control of our thought patterns. When you fear and keep your mind
    On it you are feeding it. When the bad, fearfull thoughts come into your mind, change
    Our thoughts to an affirmation of good thoughts. Here is a good one to start with.
    "I AM HEALTHY, STRONG, YOUNG, POWERFUL, LOVING, HARMONIOUS, SUCCESSFUL,
    AND HAPPY." Think on each word and believe each word and what it is saying to you.
    Would you like to exchange the fear you have in your life to what this affirmation is
    Telling you? I was in the same fearfull life you say you are living in, at one time
    And I know this can help you. I got a book called "Power of Postive Thinking" by
    Norman Vincent Peale, many years ago, but you can get it by calling
    1-800-204-3772 or go to www.guideposrs.org
    You can also get a little booklet called "Thought Conditioners"

You can train yourself to think the right way, and stop thinking bad fearfull, thoughts.l
    This is a way to overcome fear.

MAGGIE 3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

Fear of Rejection vs Living w/ Regrets [ 16 Answers ]

A few questions for you people: - Do you fear rejection? Why? - How do you overcome your fear of rejection when it comes to dating/asking someone out? - Do you have regrets that you could've avoid simply by overcoming your fear of rejection? - If you have regrets, do you still fear rejection...

I am Tired of living this life! [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I am 23 years Old Married with Three kids. My oldest Is three and I have 11months old twins. I having of thoughts and feelings about Leaving my husband and just find myself. I mean I have been Married for four Years Now and we have been dating for three years so that's 7 years almost 8 years...

View more questions Search