Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyli2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Do I need to file the child custody for getting my child support?
    I've been lived with my EX for 4 yrs. We have a 6-year-old son. We had broken 3 years ago. But we are still living together, because we bought a house together. And we are taking care of my child together also . Now I want he give me a full child custody, he denied it. And his mother, my child grandma is going to take my son to somewhere this summer. Can I need to file child custody? And can I apply the child support even we are living together? For the past 3 years he didn't get me any money.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 06:20 PM

Since you live together, a court would view that as having joint physical custody so there would be no support ordered, most likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Should I File for Child Abandonment or Continue to Wait for my Child Support Hearing? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old child out of wedlock and I broke up with his father since September 2008. He was abusive and I had him arrested. After he got out of jail, I allowed him to still see our child. We agreed that he would pay the child support without the courts being involved. Well of course that...

How does a man file for custody of his child? [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the issue. A friend of mine had a relationship with a female for a couple months. Now after about 3 or 4 months she's pregnant. She gets mad because he was seeing someone else without her knowing, she keeps the rest of her pregnancy along with the gender of the baby to herself. Has no...

View more questions Search