Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lahr06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 01:58 PM
    DVD hook up
    How do I hook up a pioneer dvd recorder through my bell express receiver to my TV? Thanks
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Apr 14, 2009, 03:16 PM

That depends on what inputs your TV features. Please look at the connections on your equipment, copy the labeling adjacent to the connectors onto a piece of paper (you may need a light to read them) and continue this thread with another post listing what connections are available on the TV, DVD player and Bell Express receiver (is that a satellite or a DTV converter?).

If its old enough it you TV might only have an antenna/RF input.

More recent TVs also have some combination of stereo (audio - may be electrical OR fiber optic), composite video, component video, S-video, VGA, DVI and HDMI inputs. There may even be duplicates of some input connections.

In some cases it's necessary to purchase a switch box and/or RF amplifier at a video game or consumer electronics retailer.

Please check the DVD player's user manual, since many include connection diagrams. Some manufacturers have made manuals available in the support section of their web site for the convenience of customers who can't locate the manual that was included with their player.

Some cable and satellite providers provide connection diagrams on their web site as well. Customers wanting to enjoy the occasional DVD or Blu-ray disc as an alternative to live or On-demand programming are quite common.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lcd TV hook ups [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, this is my first question so here goes I have a pioneer dvd player with hdmi output on it as well as optical and rca outputs The TV is a Samsung 46" lcd with matching inputs. Now is it possible to use the hdmi lead from the dvd to the lcd, then using the optical cable to go from the lcd...

Too many hook-ups [ 10 Answers ]

Recently I've been going to A lot of parties, and at every party there always seems to be a girl that wants to "hook-up." My friends cheer me on, but I don't think its right at all. But the oher night I "hooked-up" with a girl that I KNOW I wouldn't of if I wasn't under the influence and I am...

How To Hook Up [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how do you hook up a TV a vcr and a dvd player so you can record from a dvd onto a vcr tape.

Hook up [ 1 Answers ]

How would you hook-up the following? Satellite, cable box, dvd player (w/component cables) and vcr to a TV with, 2 a/v connections on the back 1 componet connection on back and 1 s-video on the back? I also have an A/B switch and splitter. I currently can watch either the SAT or the cable box, but...

Hook up [ 2 Answers ]

How do you connect a waterline for a frig. The copper pipe is sticking out of the wall how do I connect the water line

View more questions Search