Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soo_sweet720 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 01:05 PM
    Something in bloody eye
    Hi! My mother has had a bloody eye for almost a week. 1st it was the outer part of her eye and now it's the inner too. We just discovered something attached to her outer white of that eye. It looks gooey. Blood red. And it is attached to her eye. Is this something dangerous? Her next dr. appointment is in 2 weeks. Is this an emergency? Thank you*:confused:
    Holistic Doctor Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2009, 11:05 PM

Hi, your mother might be having what is called subconjunctival hemorrhage or scleral bleed.
    Here's a website URL that you might look up for more information about it...
    MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Eye Disorders & Problems: Bloodshot Eyes

While usually not an emergency, it is worth knowing what could be the possible cause, which might help to prevent further bleeding.

It is very important to avoid touching or rubbing the affected eye.

Hope this helps! (please do look up the webpage mentioned)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bloody discharge after sex [ 1 Answers ]

5 years ago I had a radical hysterectomy. 8 weeks ago I started a relationship with a man that is very well endowed. After we have sex when I get up to go to the bathroom the seamun that comes out is a light red color. We had sex last night and I had him pull out to see if his seman was that color...

Pet dog with bloody poop [ 1 Answers ]

I just took my dog out for her morning walk when I saw she pooped out about 5 drops of blood with a brown mushy looking poop. Then she went again and this time she pooped at least 20 or more drops of blook along with another mushy poop. She's a middle sized, adult dog, 4 yrs old. I've already...

Bloody stool? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Sunday night Annie my Lab jumped up and got the left overs of a chicken my family had. It was kind of funny actually because she tried to bury it under the blanket in her crate. She didn't have time to eat much of it, but I think she had a couple of chicken bones, which I've heard are bad...

Bloody show [ 2 Answers ]

I am 36 weeks pregnant and I would like to know what bloody show looks like. Is it light, dark, bright, pale, or any of these? I woke up this morning with pink discharge. Is this related to my body preparing for labor or is it just a fluke? P.S. I have not been sexually active (just not in the...

Bloody Sperm? [ 2 Answers ]

Can blood mix with sperm? Or is it normal for sperm to change to a light red color suddenly? About Two weeks ago I poked a tiny hole in my nut with a nail after jumping on my bed and four days ago I notice pink colored sperm while ejaculating. Does masturbating everyday cause pink colored sperm,...

View more questions Search