Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raehound1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 12:44 PM
    I made a Verbal Agreement for borrowed money then they add interest to the loan?
    I borrowed some money to help me out of a bind. I have paid off some of the loan but than he has added interest to it. He did not state that at the time of the loan that I would have to pay interest on top of the $5,000 borrowed. What is binding and fair.

Let me know this was my Ex Boyfriend. Should I seek legal help to arrange a fair payment plan ?

I am in a bind just as he's in a bind now and is getting on my case. I also have some mental health issues which I am dealing with now to get myself healthy again.

Thanks
    Raehound
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 11:13 PM

Hi, Raehound1!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-boyfriend owes me money by verbal agreement [ 10 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend didn't work for 2 years and he kept borrowing money from me to pay his rent, phone & TV bills. I helped him out with food and spending money and let him use my car all the time but when it came to rent he would ask to borrow money and swear he'd pay me back when he got a job. I...

Friend refuse to repay the loan "verbal agreement" [ 13 Answers ]

I loaned a friend for $500 having an verbal agreement that she will return the money in few weeks. I helped her as she had won a lawsuit against her lanlord of $4000. Now after 3months, she is not responding my emails, disconnecting my phones. Scaring me that she will make harrasement charges...

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

Loan Verbal Agreement [ 6 Answers ]

I got a loan for a so called friend/ex roommate for about $2,000 under my name because she didn't have the credit. It was a verbal agreement and nothing in writing. This loan comes/use to out of my account monthly and she would pay me cash on time and/or until she got money to pay it all of or her...

View more questions Search