Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dumbo22 Posts: 53, Reputation: 0

Oct 5, 2006, 03:56 PM
    K well guys I'm ****ed just got charged for that other **** cops called me leik 2 secs after I posted that cop called I got charged for the other stuff I got a lawyer right after I was charged

Oct 5, 2006, 08:51 PM
    But just watch the charges get droped for the serious thing and I end up getting a crimanl record for 2 cds:(
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2006, 04:37 AM
    I had the same problem but I was younger then you are.. since it is your first offence you may get some probation or you may just get a slap on the wrist.. Or you may get a fine I myself am also from canada (ns to be exact) I had in the end (because of a lot of stupid choices) around 5 of those exact charges and I still never went to juvie or anything... it will not hurt you becoming a firefighter I don't think... my cousin is a vollunteer fire fighter and he's got tons of charges.. hope I helped

Oct 6, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Yeah but you see I'm 18 so I'm just s hi ttin bricks here and sweatin bullets did you read my hole story because I think that's pretty serious I'm so dumb:(

Oct 10, 2006, 10:15 PM
    K and another thing when I ddi that walmart stuff I was arrested right and all this... but for that other stuff I was never arrested just told me to coem down and he gae me aform saying I was charged man I'm just screwed guys I'm 18 and my lifes just going down hill now I'm scared never done anything bad than all of sudden s hit just hits the fan and something horibble happens I get in the worst thing ever only think I thinking other kid blamed everything on me or seomthing
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Your not charged as an adult in canada until your 19... believe me I know... unless it is serious crime... 19 is when the start your adult record... (I've been though the whole court system) I am sure that you will be OK... The other kid may have done that your right... but no worries that doesn't mean they will be discounted from the problem.. I wish you best of luck with it.. your life will get better no worries
    LucyMcgoo Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Oct 13, 2006, 11:41 AM
    I don't know about canada but since you don't have any priors I think the most you would get would be a misdemeanor and maybe 30 days.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2006, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by binx44
    your not charged as an adult in canada until your 19... believe me I know... unless it is serious crime... 19 is when the start your adult record... (I've been though the whole court system) I am sure that you will be OK... The other kid may have done that your right... but no worries that doesn't mean they will be discounted from the problem.. I wish you best of luck with it.. your life will get better no worries

The cops might have been going easy on you for your own stake, but that is NOT what the law says.

I direct your attention to the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Specifically, section 2(1), where it lists definition of terms:

Some of those terms I have included below:

“adult” means a person who is neither a young person nor a child.

“child” means a person who is or, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, appears to be less than twelve years old.

Young person” means a person who is or, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, appears to be twelve years old or older, but less than eighteen years old and, if the context requires, includes any person who is charged under this Act with having committed an offence while he or she was a young person or who is found guilty of an offence under this Act.
    Once you turn 18, you are NO LONGER covered under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

See: http://lois.justice.gc.ca/en/Y-1.5/265283.html
    Danyael Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2007, 01:13 AM
    Although it was hard reading his posts, I wonder what happened to the guy.. .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000 x7 [ 23 Answers ]

About a month ago I was charged with theft under $5000 times 7 (cause I had items from 7 stores). The store the caught me called the police because I had items from other stores besides there's, and the police gave me a court date and a fingerprint date (I have already gone to get fingerprinted),...

Theft under 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Today I had a friend arrested for theft under 5000 The situation is: She was in a large grocery store, she put all her grocery in a plastic bag and was looking at the flower section INSIDE the store when the security arrested her and then the police took her and detained her in a cell for the...

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Hello 7 years ago I stole something and got caught... I was charged with theft under 5000 and I had to pay back the money, do community service and see a probation officer. I can't remember if this was a conviction or not, and whether I need a pardon... I was told by someone that I don't need a...

Regarding $5000 standard deduction.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello ATE & others, I was reading pub501, pub901 and 1040NR-EZ instructions regarding the $5000 exemption for students from India. However, I am unclear about the correct way to report it in 1040NR-EZ. Could you please let me know which of the following is appropriate? 1. Deduct it from total...

Help With A Compaq Presario 5000 [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everybody, my old neighbor gave me a compaq presario 5000 desktop before he left(no monitor,guides etc... just "the box") the problem is that every time I turn it on it starts loading up but then the screen turns blue and there is ths message on it. "A problem has been detected & windows has...

View more questions Search