Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Isn't that a lose?

How is that a win?

What video?

Okay, staying away all weekend means alot of confusion when I get back. :eek:
    :: strutting ::

I got Alty!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    :: strutting ::

I got Alty!!!
    Don't get too cocky Mister, I have many tricks up my sleeve.

:: pout, pout, pout::
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 03:16 AM

I just fell into this thread and thought I would take it to the end. OP was just misinformed on her search for a lab/schnauzer mix. I hope she found one, it would be a lovely pup.

With all due respect to all of you lovely informed people, there was a lot of 'ganging up' here and it did get quite nasty at times. I am surprised at all of you really for doing that. We all have to practice restraint in a situation like this and when the OP feels threatened by all of this, he/she is going to come back with rejoiners that get the ire up. It is only natural.

I don't think she was a troll JKT.

I stay out of these issues because they don't go anywhere.

Respectfuilly submitted

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I dont think she was a troll JKT.

I stay out of these issues because they dont go anywhere.

respectfuilly submitted

tick

That is my assumption based on ALL her posts and argumentative rants, not just on this thread.

And, of course, you are certainly entitled to express your opinion.

Respectfully right back at you,

Judy
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    That is my assumption based on ALL her posts and argumentative rants, not just on this thread.

And, of course, you are certainly entitled to express your opinion.

Respectfully right back at you,

Judy
    As far as I can see she only posted once according to your profile. Are you saying she has more then one profile ?

Tick
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:41 AM
    as far as I can see she only posted once according to your profile. Are you saying she has more then one profile ?

tick

She's posted once according to my profile? I don't know what you mean.

I see that she's posted 8 times and had a couple others pulled and not counted.

Are we talking about the same person?
    Pets Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 08:51 AM

I just fell into this thread and thought I would take it to the end. OP was just misinformed on her search for a lab/schnauzer mix. I hope she found one, it would be a lovely pup.
    Tickle, you know I adore you, but I have to disagree.

She wasn't misinformed. No legitimate breeder breeds mixes.

Legitimate breeders breed to keep the bloodlines strong, to improve on the breed of the dog, to put forth the best quality dogs. Mixing breeds isn't something a legit breeder does, because there's no point to it.

Mixed breeds don't qualify for dog shows, awards, etc. etc. They don't have pure bloodlines because they aren't a specific breed.

Can the OP get a puppy with the mix she wants? Yes, of course she can. Can she get one from a licensed qualified breeder? No.

There are many backyard breeders and puppy mills that will put forth mixed breeds. I cannot condone buying from these types of organizations because it's an epidemic that kills millions of dogs every year. Backyard breeders are horrible. They don't test for genetic defects, they don't care about blood lines and often they don't even know how to care for a pregnant dam or her pups. Most of these dogs end up in shelters, many never leave.

As long as there are backyard breeders and puppy mills there will be full shelters and garbage bins full of dead dogs that never find their forever homes.

I'm not against mixed breeds, I have two myself, but I am against funding the people who "breed" them.

Shelters are the way to go.
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Judy, Tickle, I think you two are referring to different posters.

Tickle refers to the original poster Mertkz.

JKT refers to the argumentative Sumewhereintime.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 09:22 AM

Yes, Sumewhereintime is definitely one of the pests you should control -
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 09:29 AM

Okay, gotcha. Will keep my eyes peeled. I minsinterpreted, probably didn't read everything. I had thought it was new poster mertkz.

Glad you corrected me.

Tick
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 09:35 AM
    okay, gotcha. Will keep my eyes peeled. I minsinterpreted, probably didnt read everything. I had thought it was new poster mertkz.

Glad you corrected me.

tick

No problem - I should have quoted the "troll."
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Yes, Sumewhereintime is definitely one of the pests you should control -
    I'm willing to discuss a fee for services contract.
    I don't kill things for fun, not even trolls.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    I'm willing to discuss a fee for services contract.
    I don't kill things for fun, not even trolls.
    I'm not talking about killing - I'm talking about a stun gun.
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 02:16 PM
    I'm not talking about killing - I'm talking about a stun gun.
    You didn't know trolls are immune to tasers?
    mrsCtouall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 07:41 PM

I actually have a Lab/Schnauzer mix, his name is Percy. I found him in a local resue. He is the size of a large lab-85-90 lbs. and looks like a Schnauzer in the face! Very luvable boy.
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 02:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsCtouall View Post
    I actually have a Lab/Schnauzer mix, his name is Percy. I found him in a local resue. He is the size of a large lab-85-90 lbs. and looks like a Schnauzer in the face! Very luvable boy.
    I wish you and Percy a long and happy time together. Thank you for saving him. The philistines that breed mutts for profit I wish would find honest work.
    Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 04:32 AM

I once had a lab/airedale cross and her face was airedale. Unfortunately her lab dad was a bit weird, so she was too.

There is a Giant Schnauzer, about the same size as a Bouvier de Flanders, roughly 80 lbs. tops. So you probably have the giant version/lab cross, that's why he is so big.

Schnauzers come in basically three sizes, my Tessie was in between at about 40 lbs.

You have the best of both worlds, then, lab/schnauzer would be a very smart cookie of the canine world.

All terrier breeds were used in the First World War as messengers because of their courage and intelligence. Schnauzers make good rescue dogs as well. I have a fondness for all terriers.

Tick
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 04:40 AM
    I have a fondness for all terriers.

tick
    Lab/airedale would be an interesting mix.

I have a soft spot for Scottish Terriers, beautiful dogs.
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 09:42 AM

I have a lab/border collie mix, poor dear has a lab body and a border collie face, no collar will fit, his neck and head are the same size.

I have a border collie crossed with God only knows what.

I have my little beagle. Funny story about that. We've been saving up to get him neutered. He's going in soon. We went on a walk the other day and this lady with two beagles came running up to us, kneels down in front of Chewy, lets out a high squeal and says "Thank goodness, he's male and intact. How much for stud services?"

What! I kept my calm, told her that I don't allow my animals to breed, he'll be neutered soon. She insisted. So I decided to have some fun.

I asked how many years of breeding experience she had. She said it would be her first time.

I asked if she'd be paying for the genetic testing that Chewy would require. She said she wasn't doing that.

I asked many other questions, she failed on every one.

I finally gave her a look and said "Sorry, but I don't agree with backyard breeding" I then went on to give her a lecture about backyard breeding, puppymills, irresponsible owners. You know how I am.

She left in a huff.

My work here is done. :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 09:55 AM

Hahaha, well done Alty!

Mum will love that story :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Buying from a breeder vs. Going to a rescue place [ 31 Answers ]

I'm getting a puppy in February that I'm buying from a breeder. She'll cost $400, and they say she's a pure Yorkie. I've seen photos of the parents, and they look adorable. However, lately I've been thinking about the puppies in the pound and other rescue places. I've looked online, but I can't...

Schnauzer dog [ 2 Answers ]

My dog died recently and after taking a break, I am ready for another one----another Schnauzer like I have had in the past. I have the opportunity to get a 7 month old female. Housebroken, warm and very friendly. I am concerned with one thing------at what age can this type of dog be left...

Breeder who needs assistance [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a breeder who has many puppies dying rapidly. The symptoms are vomiting, diareah, loss of appetite, and bloody stool. It's not coccidia or giardia. The medications we've been using are flagil, albon, arethamiacin and our vet has no answer.

Becoming a breeder [ 13 Answers ]

I'm just curious.. but what does it take to become a dog breeder? Like do you need to be certified do you need any schooling and so on and so forth

New breeder [ 13 Answers ]

My mini dachshund was supposed to be fixed I don't know if there was still extra sperm left or what but towards the end of my females first heat my mom found them hooked together that was about a week ago now her teets are starting to swell up. What is happening?:confused:

View more questions Search