Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 02:06 PM
    It's worse than you think, Shazzy

American Canine Hybrid Club, ACHC
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 02:48 PM
    That's amazing! but the Poochon and the Bolonoodle were really cute:eek:

You shouldn't be encouraging people with cute puppy pictures, it's just wrong.;):D
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 02:57 PM
    The puppies are adorable. DUH! All puppies are. It's these parasites trying to make a buck off these cute little animals later suffering that chaps my shorts.
    Sumewhereintime Posts: 8, Reputation: -8

Jun 19, 2009, 06:21 PM

Guess this makes you all feel very important. So glad for you.

Still looking for that schnauzer/lab mix. If you all don't shut up, I might breed my own.

AND WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU RESCUED A DOG?? Yea I thought so. A dog becomes a part of the family.

For the record, you PREACHERS, we are volunteers in a dog rescue. We will be happy to take the right dog from a rescue, but we have not found one.

Get up off the couch and do something instead of judging other people and telling them the way you think they should act. Clean up your own act first.

Oh, got a line on a breeder. Thanks for all of the activity.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 07:02 PM

Good on you. :)
    I may not volunteer at a dog rescue, but as a Vet Tech I spent much of my time during my schooling at high-kill shelters, and that made me what I am when it comes to breeders. I did not enjoy euthanizing litters of 8 week old puppies every week.
    And all my dogs (and cats) have been rescues, thank you very much.

And which rescue do you volunteer for? I'd love to see some of the dogs they have, and to see if all of the people who volunteer have the same attitude as you.

I'm also interested in the breeder you found (which is odd since at the beginning of your post you acted as if you had not found one yet, but by the end, you had). What kind of prices are there for their dogs?
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 07:26 PM

In response to the OP, here is a cute boy I found. He's about two and a half hours out of Chicago.

Adopt a Black Labrador Retriever: Dalton: Petfinder
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumewhereintime View Post
    Guess this makes you all feel very important. So glad for you.

Still looking for that schnauzer/lab mix. If you all don't shut up, I might breed my own.

AND WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU RESCUED A DOG??? yea I thought so. A dog becomes a part of the family.

For the record, you PREACHERS, we are volunteers in a dog rescue. We will be happy to take the right dog from a rescue, but we have not found one.

get up off the couch and do something instead of judging other people and telling them the way you think they should act. Clean up your own act first.

oh, got a line on a breeder. thanks for all of the activity.
    I've been rescuing dogs since 1977. My family has been breeding pure bred animals since 1960. Right now we have a cocker mix from the pound and are looking at a Rottie.
    I truly hope you and your "breeder" enjoy the same treatment that the "breeder" Michael Vick got.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Jun 19, 2009, 08:28 PM

Look at this cutie in Indiana! What a handful. I love how honest and responsible this rescue foster home is - otherwise this crazy pup might be bouncing from home to rescue... or worse.
    Adopt a Schnauzer: Jack - S.IN.: Petfinder

Sumewhereintime, I know you are obviously very young - but you need to understand that loving animals means defending them and fighting the irresponsible breeding that contributes to so many deaths and health issues. I find it difficult to believe you work with a rescue and haven't found the "right" dog. Seriously? You want someone to breed a mutt for you... so that those rescue dogs can take up foster homes while other dogs die in shelters. I have a rescue mutt now, and I even had a "pet store" full bred dog, that I unknowingly fell in love with 17 years ago - when I was way too young to know better. With time, as you mature, you'll begin to understand why some are so passionate, even if you don't like the "tone".
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 09:58 PM

Szit-poos are the best named mixed breed. I'd like to see a Chi-dane sometime... Would it have health problems?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 10:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    Szit-poos are the best named mixed breed. I'd like to see a Chi-dane sometime...Would it have health problems?
    I'm not sure to be honest...
    The mother would have to be the Great Dane obviously.
    I looked it up a while ago and found this very strange looking puppy... I don't know if it was real or not.

Catsmine - there's a whole Hybrid club?? Good lord.
    Last dog we adopted was a fair while ago I admit, but we have adopted several dogs before (A terrier mix and a great dane)
    I adopted a rabbit from the pound earlier this year though.
    Sumewhereintime Posts: 8, Reputation: -8

Jun 20, 2009, 06:44 AM

The land of the free and the home of the brave.. . when they are sitting in front of a computer and not a person.

We have the right to make decisions for our family. We have the right to buy the dog we want from the breeder we want.

There is nothing ethically wrong with that. We don't have to rescue a dog from a pound if it is not the right dog for our human family.

If that is where you want to get your pets FINE FOR YOU. You have absolutely no right to try to DEMAND what my family does. Are you getting any of this?

IF we could find a schnauzer/lab mix we would adopt one.

If not, we will buy one.

By the way, try to help some humans too. If this is how you respond to humans, I can only imagine how you respond to dogs.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 07:17 AM

I don't live in the "land of the free and home of the brave"

Yes you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes you are entitled to buy a dog where you choose.

But no, it is not ethically correct to buy from a backyard breeder, no matter how much you tell yourself that.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 04:16 PM

Sorry, Shaz and I both don't live in America. :)

I'm still kind of interested in the answers to those questions you skirted past, though..

And I respond fine to humans, when they aren't having a hissy fit thousands of miles away in front of a computer.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 04:40 PM

You know summer, if you don't want the advise from people
    when they are sitting in front of a computer and not a person.
    Then I suggest, you Don't COME TO AN ONLINE BOARD.

:) thank you :) respectfully and lovingly yours

Jennie
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 04:44 PM

I do not live in United states either.
    Good advice Jenniepepsi.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 05:46 PM
    The land of the free and the home of the brave . . .when they are sitting in front of a computer and not a person.

We have the right to make decisions for our family. We have the right to buy the dog we want from the breeder we want.

There is nothing ethically wrong with that. We don't have to rescue a dog from a pound if it is not the right dog for our human family.

If that is where you want to get your pets FINE FOR YOU. You have absolutely no right to try to DEMAND what my family does. Are you getting any of this?

If not, we will buy one.

By the way, try to help some humans too. If this is how you respond to humans, I can only imagine how you respond to dogs.
    Get off your high horse, this is a world wide site on the world wide web, it's not just for Americans.

You do have the right to get a dog that fits your family, what we're saying is that no legitimate breeder breeds mixes, so you won't find a legit breeder for a mixed breed. The people who breed those dogs are either puppymill owners or backyard breeders, both are in it only for the money and they don't give a damn about the dogs in their care.

If you want a dog that may have genetic defects or other health problems then go for it, we can't stop you from supporting people that are responsible for the deaths of millions of dogs each year, and yes, that's in America!

Just so you know, I have 3 dogs, one from an oops pregnancy of a friend of ours (he did everything right to prevent his female from become pregnant but it didn't work), one from the shelter (he was abused, fearful and on death row, he's been a member of our family for almost 7 years now) and one purebred from a legitimate breeder.

I also have 4 bunnies, all except 1 are rescues.

I volunteered at the human society for a long time, but my heart couldn't take it anymore and I was running out of room for all the animals I brought home with me.

So preach to someone you have a right to preach to, but don't preach to the wonderful people on this site, you don't even begin to compare to them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2009, 02:24 PM
    The land of the free and the home of the brave . . .when they are sitting in front of a computer and not a person.

If not, we will buy one.

What lives under a bridge?
    Pets Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    What lives under a bridge?
    I know, I know.

A troll. :)

What do I win?
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I know, I know.

A troll. :)

What do I win?
    The pleasure of editing the video.
    Pets Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    The pleasure of editing the video.
    Isn't that a lose?

How is that a win?

What video?

Okay, staying away all weekend means a lot of confusion when I get back. :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Buying from a breeder vs. Going to a rescue place [ 31 Answers ]

I'm getting a puppy in February that I'm buying from a breeder. She'll cost $400, and they say she's a pure Yorkie. I've seen photos of the parents, and they look adorable. However, lately I've been thinking about the puppies in the pound and other rescue places. I've looked online, but I can't...

Schnauzer dog [ 2 Answers ]

My dog died recently and after taking a break, I am ready for another one----another Schnauzer like I have had in the past. I have the opportunity to get a 7 month old female. Housebroken, warm and very friendly. I am concerned with one thing------at what age can this type of dog be left...

Breeder who needs assistance [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a breeder who has many puppies dying rapidly. The symptoms are vomiting, diareah, loss of appetite, and bloody stool. It's not coccidia or giardia. The medications we've been using are flagil, albon, arethamiacin and our vet has no answer.

Becoming a breeder [ 13 Answers ]

I'm just curious.. but what does it take to become a dog breeder? Like do you need to be certified do you need any schooling and so on and so forth

New breeder [ 13 Answers ]

My mini dachshund was supposed to be fixed I don't know if there was still extra sperm left or what but towards the end of my females first heat my mom found them hooked together that was about a week ago now her teets are starting to swell up. What is happening?:confused:

View more questions Search