Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 09:35 AM
    I want to re-propose! I need some Ideas.
    Ok, here is the deal. I am engaged to my High School sweetheart. We have been engaged for about 9 months.

My proposal was anything but romantic and/or surprising. She knew I had bought her the ring but didn't know when I was going to ask. I asked when we were lying in bed (we we're taking a nap :) ) Anwyas I was happy with the way it happened, as I am not a romantic type of person I am not the type to plan this huge ordeal because that's not who I am.

Here's the problem, my fiancé has three brothers, one of which got married, another just proposed last week. The way they proposed was awesome, and it was vey clever and just a good story. Now I am not the type to get jealous but damn, that was good.

I can tell Michelle (my fiance) was kind of like "man, I wished that happened to me" so I got to thinking that maybe I can put a little effort into this and really make it one to remember. I want her to know how much I love her and that I want to be with her the rest of my life but I am not very imaginative.

I need help with ideas!

Thanks in Advance

Rick
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Apr 14, 2009, 09:53 AM

My brother took his girl camping by a lake. They were sitting, looking out at the lake and he snuck behind her. When she turned around he was down on one knee with a ring.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 04:43 PM
    Take her back to the place where you had your first date.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 04:53 PM

Get a copy of the Beatles song Michele and put it on the stereo.
    Light the house up with numerous candles.And scented oils.
    Buy her a sexy nightgown and buy yourself a sexy pair of boxers and a nice robe.
    After you have your PJ's on ask her for a dance.Dance to Michele and then at the end.Get down on one knee and ask her if she will be my Michele(part of the song lyric).
    I am a Michele and I like that song :)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 01:17 PM

Before my fiancé propose to me he got caught. One day I would inside my freezer to get the ice tray and notice something out of the orginary in one of the cubes. I kept looking at it and decide to investage what it was was. I remove the ice cube and notice the ring. I put the tray back and waited for his move.

I guess he decided to go a different route because instead of putting it in my drink on the day of his proposing he asked me with a frozen ice cube.

Afterward I told him you should have least ran the cube under water before you asked while he was ruing water over it. We just laugh and was both equally happy.

I like Artlady idea and it's an extra bonus since there is a song in her name. Wished there was one in my name so use it to your advantage.

Oh, Congratulations and I like that idea or reproposing to her. It's going catch her completely off guard.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 01:23 PM

Here are some pretty neat ideas:
    Ideas on how to propose
    Wedding proposal ideas

I think it's really sweet your actually thinking of doing this. My ex husband never proposed to me. It just kind of happened.

Congratulations to the both of you!
    Sarah
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 15, 2009, 01:23 PM

You could set it up by sending her on a treasure hunt. Leave her a note in the morning to get herself ready and go to a certain location. At that location, have a small gift that means something to the both of you. For example, if you both like M&M's, leave a pkg. of them with a note attached, to go to the next location! Then say you have a fave coffee shop or something, send her there, have the girl behind the counter hand her a coffee with the next note attached... and onto the next location, with more notes and little gifts! After a half dozen or so locations, be waiting at whatever location you choose, with flowers and a romantic candlelight dinner!

You can probably enlist the help of your fiancee's brothers wife and fiancée, and hey, maybe her brothers too, since they came up with such good ideas! Also, your gf's friends! Trust me, the anticipation will be not only fun for her, but you will have a great time planning it. It will be something she will remember for the rest of your lives!

... oh, and if you are not a romantic guy now? You best brush up on that, if you know what's good for you!. lol
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 15, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Comments on this post
    mudweiser agrees: aww starbuck8- I love that idea.

We can always dream right? ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Comments on this post
    mudweiser agrees: aww starbuck8- I love that idea.

We can always dream right?? ;)
    If that happened to me I would honestly cry. My heart just sunk just be imagining it. I think you have a winning idea Rick!

Boo. I want to be in love. I'm going to do the Dawson [avatar]

Sarah
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 15, 2009, 01:39 PM

Comments on this post
    starbuck8 agrees: I did this for my ex (oh well, lol) at C'mas one yr. and got everyone involved in it. Everyone had so much fun because everyone was sworn to secrecy! ;)

Oh, I wasn't proposing to him, by the way. Lol! It was just a treasure hunt to find his rather pricey C'mas gift! Lol
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Comments on this post
    starbuck8 agrees: I did this for my ex (oh well, lol) at C'mas one yr., and got everyone involved in it. Everyone had so much fun because everyone was sworn to secrecy!! ;)

Oh, I wasn't proposing to him, by the way. lol! It was just a treasure hunt to find his rather pricey C'mas gift! lol
    Haha I was going to say...

For a second there I was like "this is a dude?"

Sarah
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 15, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    haha I was going to say....

For a second there I was like "this is a dude?"

Sarah
    No dude here dawg! I would make a horrible tranvestite! LOL!
    Networking Expert

Apr 15, 2009, 06:08 PM

I like all of the idea but I like the Beatles song the most

Thanks for all of the ideas!

Rick
    Rushed19 Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 10:33 PM

My boyfriend proposed to me way toooo early, he didn't ask my dad for permission it was very unexpected and not how I imagined it, we're not engaged but still together. I want to wait until we're older and more ready for it to happen again, I love the idea. Good for you
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Jun 3, 2009, 09:27 PM

Hearts, Hugs and Kisses. Would you be my Mrs. Buy her a bracelet and put some hearts on it a then some 0's for hugs,and x's for kisses and then the ringon the braclet. Then each years you can say hearts hugs and kisses I'm so glad your'e mrs. Good Luck. I hope your'e as happy as I am. 31 years this nov.
    UrTeddyBear Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Jun 6, 2009, 11:30 PM

The best proposal story I ever heard was this guy who hired a photographer and made it out like they were just going to get some couples pictures done they show up at the appointment and start doing the cute couple pics... all of a sudden her family starts to pop up out of the wood work she's confused "what are you guys doing here" and then she turns around and he's on one knee with the ring telling her how much he loves her blahblahblah the best part is the photographer is taking pictures the whole time she's completely surprised and you have pictures of the whole thing so she can always look back to that day and remember how thoughtful and sweet you were to do it that way plus her whole family is there so you can kind of show up the joneses so to speak.. good luck let us know how it goes!
    Networking Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 10:20 PM

OK!! I am no longer engaged... dont need ideas anymore... thanks but no thanks!

Rick
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Jun 7, 2009, 11:38 PM

Love is great isn't it!
    Got to take the good with the bad.
    Life is crazy. Good Luck for next time!
    Remember one thing: Only the people you really love can get you really really made.
    Networking Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 03:02 PM

Right on man...
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 06:46 PM

My friend got a roll of kite string and ran it through an entire park. At the end of it was the ring. They had a joke where she always said to him, "no rings, no strings". It was pretty cute.

Another friend proposed over the phone and like you, felt terrible it wasn't a nicer memory for her (he was in the military overseas). So, on leave, he had all his girlfriend's family come to her favorite restaurant for dinner. Each approached her in turn and gave her a white rose, and at the end he gave her a dozen red ones, dropped on one knee, asked for a "do over" and proposed to her all over again in front of all the people she loved. They had pictures taken, and she ended up with a really lovely memory. Congratulations and best wishes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Propose? [ 8 Answers ]

Seeing as no one here has replied to any of my previous questions (which I really hope someone is going to soon, please!) I would like to ask for advise and better yet, if someone can see into my future... I am thinking of proposing to this guy who I have mentioned in my earlier question. His dob...

When he will propose me? [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Meenakshi.I was born in 18 September 1982 WestBengal,India.My native place is Haryana India,where we are living now.My boyfriend Kuldeep was born in 3 September 1984 Haryana,India.We are very good friends for two year now.I like him very much,he is very nice person,I always enjoy his...

How should I propose to her [ 3 Answers ]

Well I've been on this site plenty of times with a broken heart therefore the name broken dood. Well if you have seen my last questions I was pretty lost with love. Well now I have found someone and she has been a very close friend of mine for 12 years and me and her finally just said yes to each...

How to propose [ 2 Answers ]

I am in love with a girl who is my distant relation. I love her for the past 10 years. But because of some family situations I am able to propose her. Now I have settled in my life and I want her as my Life partner. I want to love her for a min of 2 years and then only I want to marry her. Just now...

Want to propose [ 11 Answers ]

Here's the little issue. Next month, my girfriend and I will have been going out for a year, but the month after that, I would like to propose to her. I just want to know, is it too soon? Should I wait longer? I love her a lot, but I just don't know if it would appear if we are going fast, I...

View more questions Search