Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A C Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Two Water Heaters
    I know this has been asked before. My problem is when I have family visiting for a weekend I run out of hot water pretty quick. I am limited as far as space goes. I was told I can hook two water heaters together to increase the amount of hot water. My plan of action is to bring my cold water into the first water heater and take the hot outlet into the cold side of the second heater, Then connect the hot outlet of the second heater to the hot water line of the house. There is a switch that can disable the first water heater therefore when I have no visiters I can turn it ( the first heater) off therefore it would serve as a storage tank. The second water heater would supply hot water for the house all the time. Will this work?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 01:49 PM
    I would not pipe in series but parallel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water heaters [ 2 Answers ]

Does a tankless gas hot water heater have a pilot that needs to be lit

Water heaters vs. Tankless water heaters [ 1 Answers ]

Just curious about advantages of tankless over a traditional water heater.

Hot water heaters [ 4 Answers ]

I am having trouble getting 240 volts to both of my hot water heater elements after buying a new thermostat. The bottom element has 240 but the top one only is 100 how can I fix this?

Hot water heaters [ 4 Answers ]

My hot water heater has rusted out on the bottom I went to home depot and they told me that there is a new code law in the state of Maryland that all hot water heaters have to have an over flow tank added to their system so I am trying to find out if this is correct or not cause I have never heard...

View more questions Search