Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eisenhauer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Heat pump model number info
    I am about to purchase a York heat pump. The model I first intended to order is BP090C00S2AAA4. This model has too much electric heat (18kw) and I don't know which part of the model number to change to reduce to electric heat to 9KW. My supply will not handle the 18 but is OK for 9. I tried to get to YORK directly but no luck. Does anyone know Yorks model number meanings?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 12:02 PM

Hi I am a york factory dealer and would like to help you. Let me look up your number.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 12:12 PM

I have tried to find this number and can not. Is this a package unit? Or just the number to the indoor blower?
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 01:02 PM

OK I have found your number.

This is a 7.5 ton commercial heatpump package unit. What is the exact size circuit breaker and wire size you have available?
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Also the unit you have listed here is for 3 phase power, you do have 208/230 3 phs there right?
    Eisenhauer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 03:15 AM
    Good morning JOSHDTA. Yes we have 208/3 at 70 amps. I have the capability to go to 90 amps but would have to upgrade cable and we wish not to do that. We do not require much aux. electric as we have hot water back up heat. We are using the new unit mostly for a/c but for the same cost we can do the heat pump. The heat from this is more practical than the hotwater when above -12c temperature. I can get the exact unit quoted and disable some of the aux. heat so my 70 amp will work but that seems wasteful.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 06:11 AM

I will see what I can come up with. As far as I see right now this unit and disconecting one of the heating elements is lookning like the best idea because I am not seeing the same unit with less kw heaters. But I will check on it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AUX heater Info for Nordyne Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne Model GQ3RC-024K Single Package Heat Pump with AUX Heat. This resistance package is located in the fan transition box, and I believe it is a 10KW unit. I need wiring diagram and parts list for this heating unit. It does not seem to be a part of the base information that comes with...

Carrier 10 SEER split system heat pump, Model 38YCC [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Carrier 10 SEER split System Heat Pump, Model 38YCC. I asked the local Carrier Installer whether it is a single stage or multi-stage unit, so I can buy a new programmable thermostat appropriate for my unit. The Carrier installer rep I spoke with said it's a multi-stage unit,...

Ruud Heat Pump - Model RCBA-4882GG21 [ 1 Answers ]

Where are the filters and how do you get to them to clean them

Trying to hook up T-stat to a whalen heat pump (model W602E) [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH7000 to a whalen unit Model # W602E. The wiring diagram has faded to the degree of partial readability. The unit has 6 wires red, blk, brn, yellow, blue, orange I have: red to R Blk to C Brn to G (fan) Yell to Y1 ...

Replacing an old Honeywell Thermostat with a Hunter Model 44260 to a York Heat Pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older Honeywell thermostat with wiring G(green) W(white) R(red) X(blue) B(black) O(orange) & Y(yellow). My new programmable thermostat Hunter 44260 has G R/C R/H Y/O W/B & Y1. Which wires go where on the new 44260 thermostat? The manual is not easy to understand. Thanks! D

View more questions Search