Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Oct 7, 2006, 12:58 AM
    I came across your post and almost laughed. I am in the same situation, although I have lived with my boyfriend for a year now. I think you should do whatever feels right to you. If it means getting married then do it. But remember to keep your own personal goals, such as finishing college, in tact and not to put them on hold. My opinion is just don't have kids until later. Then if things don't work out, you won't be putting children into that mess. Besides no one can be a better judge of your life than you.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2006, 01:18 AM
    Yes you are crazy.

Is that what you wanted to here?

Only you and he know what is best for you, and if you want marriage, then so be it.

But the problem is most marriages at such a young age end in divorce, mainly because people want to still explore and are not yet sure they really want to settle down.

Why not just live together, don't have children. Once you finish college, then you will be in a better place to judge where you want your life to go from there.
    sammygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2006, 06:45 AM
    You really have to think about things ;
    I have just recently got married myself and I am 19 he is 20, we have only been married 3 months, but recently I have missed going out with the girls all the time, and having my own space, and getting really fed up of him thinking I am a slave who will do everything for him. He was really ncie when we were just a couple and I really loved him, and we both thought this was something we could do. The fact is we are just to young!!

You have to consider if you are willing to give up everything just so you can be married,

Before I got married I didn't want to go travelling, now more and more of my friends are tlking a about it, and I really want to go. And if you do get married you have to really try at it, its hard work, I'm on the verge of breaking down because I just don't know what to do, and I don't want you to feel the same

Just think what you really want from life!!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2006, 06:49 AM
    Marriage is a commitment.
    Marriage is hard and tough, you have to make sacrifices.

That's why its important to know the person you are marrying through and through before jumping in to it.

In your case Sammygirl, you need to communicate with your husband.
    COMMUNICATION is the key to any relationship.

If you both work to pays the bills, then you both should do the house chores, and cooking and cleaning etc. Take it in turns.

And also why not try go on a nice holiday somewhere together!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 08:27 AM
    What is the hurry? I just don't see why young people with so much life to experience are in such a hurry to tie themselves down with the burden and responsibility of marriage. Enjoy yourselves now, and let marriage and babies wait until you know more about life and how to deal with it. Hell at 20 I knew my name but that was it. You need to know yourself and what you want, before you make that big step with some one. 75% of all young marraiges end in divorce and if you read these post from others you find out it ain't a romp in the sack, its real work. Slow that train down, and get to know yourself and the other person first. There out of be law, young kid don't know nuthin' thinkin' there so in love and get crushed when they find out that they don't know nuthin' fo' real.
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Nov 17, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Tried to spread the love Tal--

You are right on baby!!
    HannahMarriedYoung Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by soon2be
    HI. I'm 19 and i go to college in fl. ive been with my boyfriend for 3 years. this past year we have been long distance because he is in the marine corps and stationed in NC. We want to get married and everyone thinks we are crazy. How do i know if im doing the right thing?
    I got married to a military man at 21... After knowing him for 2 years... We got along perfect before we got married and then it started to go downhill as we didn't not know each other well enogh.. and people do change... We have beeen married a year and a half and I have had to mention divorce to make him realize that sex is not the be all and end all of marriage... he is a submissive person and its crazy how much the relationship to me has seemed to be based on sex and other things and not so much love.. it is love to him but I wish we would have waited just a little longer.. do not rush.. you are young and have lots of time !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married too Young, or just needs space? [ 14 Answers ]

Excuse me, I've been drinking a little, but am not quite drunk. Yet. I don't know where to turn to because conseling would be denied by my wife, as well as advice from family (both sides). Few weeks ago, for reasons unknown to me, my wife was caught lying to me of her whereabouts, to be...

Getting Married Young [ 117 Answers ]

I am 17 years old an am engaged to be married a couple of monthes after I turn 18 to my fiancé who is 19 and will be 20 by the time we marry. When I tell people this they act very shocked and it seems as though they dissaprove. What can I do to reassure them that this is definitely the person I...

Married young [ 12 Answers ]

I am 17 about to be 18. I am going to college this fall, and I have totally fallen in love. This is it, and we both know for a fact. She is only 16 and will be 17 in January. We know for a fact we will be together forever. WE KNOW! So we were just wondering what people think about a couple getting...

Married young [ 2 Answers ]

Got married at 19 nearly 20. We had been in a long distance relationship on and off for 2years. During this time only saw each other about five times and spent a few hours together.however its been nearly 4 years now and I feel I rushed into it as I feel I have changed in person. He is 8 years...

View more questions Search