Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    D8n Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 07:46 AM
    How to make efficient homemade photocells?
    Is it possible to make homemade efficient photocells to build solar panels for home energy source? If so, what are the best materials to be used and procedures to follow?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:51 AM

The word "efficient" is interesting here, since even commercial solar cells aren't very efficient. Oh well. That's another topic.

Here's a Wikipedia reference to solar cells:

Solar cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You really can't build the solar panels from scratch. The materials (most often silicon crystals) are too high-tech. You can buy pre-built solar panels and assemble them on a roof or something similar. You also need equipment to connect the power to the power grid, if you plan on using the power it that way. It's also nice to have something to detect bad solar panels as they do not have an infinite lifetime.

Let me google that for you
    omo321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Hi perito, better mind some more detail when leaving the impression of inefficiency when it comes to solar power. Your almost mystic lifetime of the damn system comes from the "softness" of the used/consumed metals in the cells. Take hard, have it almost forever but without comprehensible sufficiency. Take soft and u get the energy of it u could use for everydays needs. U don't stop manufactoring batteries and probably don't even think about wasting any metals when using them up with your iPad, so maybe mind wasting it a really more sustainable way and think about what could be really interesting here.
    omo321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Oh, and here's one of the rest of all the links one could have encouraged to talk about and draw some more elan/drive/motivation -to bring it on-: >>http://home.earthlink.net/~lenyr/photocell.htm<<
    Interventure Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 12:39 PM
    What on earth are you talking about?
    The question was How to make a photo cell efficiant or otherwise.
    Can anyone come down from their perch and explain in simple and understandable language how someone of reasonable intelligence make a photocell.
    A proper answer could perhaps encourage someone to develop the technology beyond its present non efficiant position.
    So come on, is there anyone that can explain, in the most simplest way, how to make a photo cell ( at home ) as an experiment.

AK
    solarelectric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 04:55 AM
    Think twice before you decide whether you can surely build a cheaper solar panels with much financial risk, you might end up on the wrong one's and that will cost you so much. Better to get it from the experts, it will be costly at first but but you won't regret for having it.

However, you can try this site, Solar Electric Supply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make a homemade septic tank? [ 8 Answers ]

I have an RV that I would like to make a homemade septic tank for use when we have visitors staying in it. We live in a rural area so this should not be an issue for permitting. Someone mention the use of a 55 gallon drum. How do I do this?

How to make homemade laxatives [ 3 Answers ]

How can I make my own laxative?

Most efficient A/C unit [ 2 Answers ]

What is the most efficient a/c unit

More efficient ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my plumbing consists of a tankless water heater for 2 zones hydronic, radiant floor heat,and drinking water.I need a heat exchanger for my domestic but I don't know which is more efficient a flat plate or an indirect fired storage tank.there are 3.5 baths,4 people.thanks for the help

A/C not efficient enough [ 3 Answers ]

Fan is not pushing enough air in bed rooms at first floor

View more questions Search