Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hijazeen Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Remove toshiba satellite laptop Power On Password
    Hello;
    I have a toshiba satellite a205-s5804 laptop that suddenly prompt for power on password .that I did not set it yet.please give an answer for this
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Someone has to enter the BIOS to set that password. There is no boot disk that can get around this. Best to find out who added that password.
    hijazeen Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Hello ,

No one set the password . It is a common problem in toshiba laptops .I mean suddenly prompt for power-on password.it is a bios problem.
    I have tried using master bios passwords for phoenix but it does not work .and I search the web for a solution I found that I have to assemble the laptop and remove the keyboard and shortcircuit two points on the motherboard.but I can not do this
    What I need is a software solution like master password .
    All in all thank you so and if you find something please inform me.. and I can be helpful for man.
    I am a computer engineer from jordan .
    Bye
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hijazeen View Post
    no one set the password . it is a common problem in toshiba laptops .i mean suddenly prompt for power-on password.
    In all my years of tech support I have never heard of this. Good luck.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 14, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    In all my years of tech support I have never heard of this. Good luck.
    This is a known issue with the Toshiba Satellite series. On some of the older ones, the ONLY option is to tear down the laptop, remove the keyboard and short the two solder points under the keyboard. This process "freezes" the bios and prevents it from prompting for a bios password, allowing the computer to boot up. The cause is a FAULTY bios and the fix is to download and flash to the latest bios avaible for that model.

On the NEWER Satellites, such as the A215-7422 I've been working on, the above mentioned process IS NOT AN OPTION, it must go back to the manufacturer to be reset. Toshiba knows and is aware of the issue and the bios reset/flash update is suppose to be provided at no cost to the customer except shipping to Toshiba.
    bigfatpothead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 10:53 PM
    The jumper to cross is under the memory chips, labeled pad500 or pad503 hold a paperclip across these and turn the computer on then after it boots remove the paper clip and then immediately update the bios
    ROLANDO420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 03:06 PM
    Ok i might noe how to fix it
    ROLANDO420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 03:11 PM
    Have you tried flashing the bios by removing the cmos battery? :the small battery inside the computer: leave it out with no power at all coming into the laptop for about 5 minutes and this should take care of it
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLANDO420 View Post
    HAVE YOU TRYED FLASHING THE BIOS BY REMOVING THE CMOS BATTERY? :THE SMALL BATTERY INSIDE THE COMPUTER: LEAVE IT OUT WITH NO POWER AT ALL COMING INTO THE LAPTOP FOR ABOUT 5 MINS AND THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF IT
    1. This post is old. No need to answer, the OP is long gone.
    2. Don't use ALL CAPS it looks bad and is unsettling on the eyes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove power on password of toshiba tecra a8 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys,is there any one who can help me to remove the power on password of my toshiba tecra a8 model laptop.. thanks

Toshiba laptop, bios password, power on password [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I just brought a laptop of a friend, he hasent used it in ages and has forgotten his bios password, the laptop is a toshiba satellite pro a10. We have no clue what the password is, and can't evan get to an xp screen because of it :( Any help would be greatly apprciated Cheers Jon

Installing password on toshiba satellite [ 3 Answers ]

How can I install a password on a toshiba A10 SP177 satellite laptop?

I wnt to remove poweron password from toshiba laptop [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have toshiba m105 laptop. I put power on passwor now I fargot that password how can I breake that password. I have tried to reset bios but still password is there .now can you tell me how can I break this password Romi

View more questions Search