Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FutureCSI Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 06:31 AM
    Function of protein in the body
    What are the function of protein in the body?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 06:51 AM
    function of protein in the body - Google Search
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 06:52 AM

Lots of functions!

It makes up important molecules in your cells such as enzymes, receptors that pick up signals between cells, strucutral molecules that keep the cell shape (actin, tubulin, intermediate filaments) and hold cells together. Your muscles contains loads of protein to make them work (myosin, kinesin, dynein).

Here is a great artile that puts it in much better language than I am capable of Functions of Protein in the Human Body
    Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 06:54 AM
    Also depends on what kind of protein this homework question is about. ATP? Meat protein? Vegetable protein?
    Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 06:56 AM
    The question is actually too vague to answer appropriately.
    FutureCSI Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 08:14 AM

Not a homework question. Simply a doubt I came upon while reading an article. Nut thank you anyhow I understood clearly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moentrol 3 function transfer valve shower & body spray diagram [ 2 Answers ]

Need an installtion diagram for a shower with 4 body sprays ( 2 on each side) using a Moentrol Model 3320 transfer valve.

Protein haemoglobin and protein collagen [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me anything about protein haemoglobin and portein collagen or were I can find any information on the two

Shape of body by reduction of fat from specific part of body [ 1 Answers ]

My age is 20. And I am 6 feet tall. My weight is 80 kg. The main problem is this that there is a lots of fat on my hips and theigh and my west is about 34 overall my lower portion of body is heavier than above. So kindly tell me what should I do to reduce the fat from hip,theigh and how to reduce...

The result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function [ 6 Answers ]

I was asked to prove the result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function... prove that: 1- if f(X) inc & g(X) inc, foG inc 2-if F(X) inc & G(X) dec, foG dec 3- if F(X) dec & G(X) inc, fog dec 4- if f(X) dec & G(X) dec, fog inc please help me in that

What is strtok function body? [ 1 Answers ]

What is strtok function body?

View more questions Search