Ask
    FutureCSI Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 06:12 AM
    Which is healthier?
    What is healthy, margarine or butter.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 06:21 AM
    Butter. Easily put, butter is a natural substance made of cream. Margarine is a man made chemical.

Here is an experiment that we did in nursing school. Put a tub of margarine in a room temperature room and a stick of butter in the same room. Which one melts completely? The butter of course. Margarine just gets soft, but does not melt completely.

Your body knows how to break down natural substances like butter, but is unable to break down the chemicals in margarine.

Then again, this all depends on your health status. If you are diabetic, margarine is better for you due to saturated and unsaturated fats.

Here is a good site for the info

snopes.com: Butter, Margarine and Heart Attacks
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:00 AM

Here is a good article arguing the pros and cons

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/margarine.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to become Healthier? [ 3 Answers ]

CAn u help me the easy way to make my GF healthier as she is very thin and I am helthier?? Suggest.. any medicene or any thing which can help me.. so that our parents have no probem in getting us married??

Trying to get healthier [ 5 Answers ]

How can I gain the will power to pick healthier things to eat? I have trouble with that

Getting Healthier [ 4 Answers ]

Do any of you have any good recipes that are healthy and don't taste terrible? I've been having a lot of turkey sandwiches lately, but I tend to layer on the cheese, does that ruin the point? And cottage cheese? What are some good snacks to have through-out the day? Also, any recommendations for...

Healthier rice [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Which rice is healthier, Parboiled ( Basmati or others) or Polished?

Healthier Breakfast [ 6 Answers ]

I was just wondering does anyone know which is healthier; Having a greasy breakfast (full english style at about 7:30am) Or Not having any breakfast at all (so getting up at about the same time, but not eating until midday!) J

View more questions Search