Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ms1947 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 05:05 AM
    Kawasaki atv
    have kawasaki 360 praire 4x4, runs better with choke on when cold. Take choke off... keeps backfiring... have to run about 10 minutes. Before taking choke off.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 11:24 AM

runs better with choke on when cold.

All cold motors runs better with the choke on

take choke off...keeps backfiring

Maybe its not warmed up enough yet.

....have to run about 10 mins. before taking choke off.

At least you can take the choke off many motors in age you can't unless a parts replacement is done.

Have you changed or checked your spark plugs? This could cause the longer warm up.

Other than that is to the Air/fuel mixture adjustments or fuel pump/ filters/ lines.

Simply put there is an air fuel mixture in balance there.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 02:58 PM

My Kawasaki Mule has never backfire but my v twin 20hp Sears tractor sure did. Had the carb rebuilt when my boiling it out did not fix it. The rebuild wasn't any better and had to kick $195 for a new carb. Start with cleaning but keep your checkbook handy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94' Kawasaki ZX7 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 94' Kawasaki ZX7 Ninja, I had to change the alternator, and when I got the new one hooked up, I noticed the wired in my ignition were heating up like a fire-cracker, I thought it could have been the ignition so I got another one. It still did it so I got another alternator because I...

Kawasaki gas leak [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Kawasaki W650 (the triumph knock-off). Recently I have had two problems that seem to be related. First I have water in my tank - I drained it, cleaned it and after about 3 weeks (and several heavy thunderstorms) it seems to be exhibiting the same trouble (coughing, stalling etc.). At...

Kawasaki [ 2 Answers ]

My kawaski motorcycle taillight always stay on

Kawasaki kz 650 [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a 79 kz 650 and I was told the carbs need reset. How do I go about doing this?

View more questions Search