Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t_r Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Apr 14, 2009, 04:30 AM
    Unsure about my weight
    I am female, and almost 18 with quite a low self-esteem. I weigh about 65 kilos. I don't go out very often anymore, to see friends or anything - I am that conscious. I have a lot of fat mainly around my thighs and bum area, but also other places. I have have fat rolls around the stomach area, I find them really annoying. I have very little motivation.
    Some days I just don't want to be me. Just don't want to be in this body.
    I find it hard living my life each day, I do suffer from depression and have been for the past 5-6 years...
    I've been too busy to do sports, and try to eat healthy when I can...
    If anyone can give me help/tips on weightloss, or your opinions, maybe even suggestions of diets, etc. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 06:20 AM

How tall are you?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:07 AM

Honestly, the best thing you can do is get treatment for the depression.

Weight loss takes motivation and depression and motivation do not play well together.

Apr 14, 2009, 03:31 PM
    I'm 165 cm tall and I am getting treated for my depression - it's always a constant struggle though.
    I'm one that comfort eats a lot too.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 03:37 PM

Your 5'5 and only 145 and your worried you are to big? If you ask me that sounds just right.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 03:38 PM
    Have you tried weight watchers, works pretty good.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 03:39 PM
    How long have you had your depression?

Apr 14, 2009, 03:42 PM

Nothing sounds right with the girls you see around these days!
    Been going through depression for about 5-6 years?
    I haven't tried weight watchers actually, I'll look into it though!
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 03:43 PM

With it you can eat what you want, just keep track of points and you get so many point each week.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 03:43 PM
    What area of your body is it that you have the most concern about, or are most upset about?

Apr 14, 2009, 03:46 PM

I see, well, I'm concerned about my thigh area and stomach area! Know any good fitness regime or a sport that could help me on my way to slimming down?
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 03:51 PM

Well for thighs and stomach area, running or joging should help. Also basketball, or tennis. Anything associated with running will help your legs

Apr 14, 2009, 04:01 PM

Thank you.
    I did do basketball for a while, I should probably get back into it - I did enjoy it.
    I've also been thinking about tennis too! I shall try it out - thank you for your input :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 04:03 PM

Your welcome, if you have any other questions. Or just want to talk feel free to message anytime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight: amt of matter in object is weight. True or false [ 8 Answers ]

Is the answer false because that is mass

I'm unsure of what to do! [ 1 Answers ]

I met this guy which I like a lot. I heard he liked me a lot too. The problem he has a girlfriend. He has been dating this woman back and forth for years. They don't have a Good relationship. A lot of times she leaves him on the weekends and does her thing. So Pretty much it's not a stable thing...

I'm a bit unsure [ 3 Answers ]

So, I am 15, and a girl in my grade is 14. She skipped a grade but I never would've known. I've liked her for, what people tell me is foolish, slightly over a year. We dated at one time, but with us both swimming (Different seasons) we weren't able to see each other enough, and broke it off. I've...

Unsure [ 39 Answers ]

This is regarding the end of my 4 year relationship. My ex and I, have now been broken up for a few months now. We broke up out of the blue, he said he needed a break and left my house crying. I never heard from him until a week later, and he said he no longer loved me, and has not for 2 years. He...

View more questions Search