Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wickedness16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Underage dating
    I need some help... My mom think that I can get in trouble with the law if I date someone over 20 I'm now 16 and I found this guy that has a lot in common with me and he really cares about me, and I asked my mom if I could date him and she said that me and him could both get in trouble for underage dating is that true? I mean we really like each other and I told my mom that me and him wasn't going to have sex until I was 18 and she said that we would still get in trouble for him dating a 16 year old... please help me before it's to late I really care for him and he really cares for me?

Thanks a bunch,
    wickedness16 :confused:
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 08:07 PM
    Yes it is illegal, however age of consent laws vary from state or province.

However, I would like to point out.

A 20 year old and a 16 year old is not a good match.

I'm wondering why he can't find someone his own age. This is a big concern to me. Guys at 20 have a different thinking mentality than those of your own age.

I made the mistake when I was your age [actually 15] and decided to "secretly" date this wonderful 20 year old. I don't like to say this but I ended up having unconsensual sex with him. I'm not saying he's going to do the same but if you can wait till your 18 to have sex you can wait till you 18 to date him.

Question: Why would it be too late? What is the rush?

Sarah
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 05:46 AM

What does someone who in theory is 2 years out of high school have in common with someone who in theory is 2 years away from graduating FROM high school - ?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 02:44 PM

No, you won't get in trouble for dating him.

He might; particularly if someone suspects that "dating" = sex. Therefore he is being unwise in continuing this relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage dating [ 6 Answers ]

What us the legal age of dating in Indiana?

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Dating lots of people or dating only one? [ 17 Answers ]

Do you think you should multiple people at the same time or only one?

Underage dating [ 5 Answers ]

If my boyfriend is almost 18... and I'm almost 13... would we be in trouble for dating?? :confused: :confused:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dating underage [ 3 Answers ]

Can a 18 yr old date a 15 yr old in GA? :mad:

View more questions Search