Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 13, 2006, 01:51 PM
    My birth story...
    We arrived at the hospital around five after five in the morning... Low and behold they lost my chart... This is actually pretty normal for me... lol. Happens every time. They actually wheeled me up to Labor and Delivery... hehehe.

I start to get settled in and the nurse starts all the paperwork. Jennifer (nurse) starts the pitocin drip around sixish and boy the contractions start up. They don't get really steady until around seven though. My inlaws arrive shortly there after and thus far I'm not in too much pain. I'm breathing through the contractions and can feel them getting closer together so I ask for the epidural. I'm at five cm at this point and they get Scott (anistesioligest) there very shortly after. Yeah... relief...

At this point I'm alone in the room with my nurse and the guy who's making the pain lesson... My Dr walks in. I am very happy to see him at this point cause it means that the end is near... lol... I will later regret that thought. Anyway, my wonderful Dr. decides it's time to break my water and I was sooooooooooooo thankful for the epidural at that point. I can still feel pain but not as intense as it was and I know it's getting to be more so cause the contractions aren't stopping. It felt like they were right on top of one another. From the looks of the strip they were.

Everybody comes back in the room. I was sooo happy that Drew was with me that almost made the pain go away... almost. By now most of the family is there with the exception of the teens that are in school... as it should be... lol... They hated that part.

It's about ten, ten thirtyish... I'm a bit fuzzy on the time at this point. I look at the nurse and tell her I think it's time. Of course because of the epidural everyone is looking at me like I'm crazy... HA!. I know my body well. She checks me and Omg, yep it's time. See I'm not crazy.

I was wheeled into an Operating Room with the thought in mind "just in case". It really wasn't an unpleasant room all in all. Drew had to get into scrubs before he could come in... he looked funny in them. I again was relieved to have him at my side.

They told me to give a test push to make sure that I could still push through the pain meds. A lot of times women can't... Then they told me to stop till the Dr. got there. At least that only took five minutes... This was the hardest birth that I've ever had. He took his sweet time coming out and I finally had to grab the back of my thighs to get his head out. The Dr sucktioned him out and then took him the rest of the way out. And Charles was born at 11:07am on August 30th 2006.

Here's where I regret that though I mentioned earlier... *sigh*
    Jessica is my problem child already... lol. I hope this isn't a prelude to her teen years.

After about a half an hour of trying to get her into the right position my Dr decided a section was in order... She wanted to come out fists first... I figure she was trying to find her womb mate and follow after him... either that or was stretching because she had room too now.

After the Dr made that announcement I burst into tears... I did not want a section at all. I had my epidural but I guess I was fighting it's effects cause I started to feel everything. I felt them mark where they were going to go in at and really started to freak out... The decided it was best to strap me down and put me under at this point I guess, I wasn't very cooperative at this time. I really didn't want a section :mad:

I don't remember much after this because they gave me something so that I wouldn't remember. It started with a K or a C... Kar something... I just remember being trapped in my own mind and not being able to get out... Talk about scary... I just had to get back to Drew... I needed him and he needed me. That was all I could think of, all I could do was try and get back to him cause we needed each other to get through this ordeal. I absolutely hated having a section and would never opt for it... but that's just me. It's perfectly good for someone else to have. It did however give me my new baby girl at 11:44 am. I didn't wake up for quite awhile after that. Drew had to leave as they were closing me up. From what he said I cried the whole time I was under. He couldn't handle it anymore after seeing her born and giving the nurses her name. He was taken out to lunch by family and calmed down.

I was very groggy when I finally started to wake up... I haven't a clue at what time this was. I really don't remember half of what went on in my room the rest of that day. I do remember bits and pieces and visitors here and there. I remember being afraid that I would drop or hurt the babies if I held them in this state of mind so I didn't hold them till way later in the evening. I know that the only family that was with me when I woke up was Drews dad. I remember him kissing my forehead and telling me where Drew was and that the babies are beautiful then I think I drifted off until I heard Drew's voice.

I started moving around as soon as they let me get up out of bed. That was the next day. Oh but it was painful. I wouldn't go back and do it any differently though. When they discharged me on the second I was practically running marathons... lol j/k... The nurses were amazed I was up and going. I told them that I'm going to half to take care of two babies by myself for the most part since their daddy has to work. Why put off what I need to get done. They just kind of looked at me and shrugged. They told me to at least do it in moderation. I just smiled. My body will tell me when I've done enough... We even went to walmart after the hospital... Had to get something for the car seats to hold up there tiny little heads... That's my birth experience. I hope you enjoy reading it. If anyone has any questions just let me know.

Charles;
    6lbs 8oz
    19 inches long.
    Vaginal delivery.

Jessica
    5lbs even
    18.5 inches long.
    C-Section.

Just as soon as I can I will get a pic up for them... ;) I hope you enjoy them as much as I do... They've already changed so much.
    Attached Images

BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Sep 13, 2006, 03:03 PM
    I absolutely love the pictures and the story. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your life. I would treasure those babies and I am sure you will. It sounds as though you have an awesome husband. You are truly blessed! I had a C-Section also-they do hurt.

The whole experience sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing your story.

Congratulations!!
    Hoping4aBFP Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Sep 14, 2006, 01:57 AM
    I enjoyed reading your story as well. Your babies are absolutely precious. You are truly blessed. I can't wait to join you in the journey of motherhood. ;) CONGRATULATIONS!! :D
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2006, 02:57 AM
    WOW Myth your written story is amazing, and your 2 little ones are just so adorable :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 05:09 AM
    Wow, what an amazing story. I am happy that everything worked out good. My wife and I will be having our own story Sept 28. Congratulations on the beautifual babies.

(;
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Sep 14, 2006, 05:25 AM
    Congratulations JesusHelper76. Now you will have to keep us up to date on your soon to be new arrival.
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Sep 14, 2006, 09:55 AM
    Wonderful story, congratulations. You have a lifetime of love and joy ahead of you. Bless you all.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Wow, what a story! They are sooooo adorable! Congrats on that! They are beautiful. Glad all went well for you
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 14, 2006, 12:52 PM
    I didn't expect such a response to my story. I'm kind of overwhelmed by it all. Thank you all sooo much for your support.

Jesushelper, I hope that we'll hear a story from you when the time comes.

I will keep you all updated on the kids and weither I'm getting sleep or not... right now I'm not... lol.

I'm glad you all enjoyed my story and I hope that more people will read it and enjoy it also. I think that eventually I'll have to move into the children section of the board but for now new motherhood is where I'm at. I'll keep you all posted when I can.

I'm thinking of writing books what do you all think? Just a thought... lol
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Sep 18, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Myth, those pictures of those beautiful, beautiful babies are proof that any pain and discomfort (freaking out) you went through was worth it. Congratulations and may the force be with you darlin!
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Oct 2, 2006, 11:45 AM
    HI Myth It's me Jnet I have been gone for a while I just got back I just read your post congrats on the delivery I'm happy everything was all right with them and you : ) I have some good news to my husband and I are back together and we will be celebrating our one year on oct 10th. I'm 30 weeks today and I can't wait to see my sweet baby to. I have to let you go now we'll talk soon : )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My story.. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello First of all, thanks to all the mods and admins for running such a great forum. Kip Up the good work! Now here's my story, I 've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 years. Last week she said she needed a break before we get any deeper in this relationship. I agreed and gave her some...

My story... [ 63 Answers ]

Hi everyone,I'm writing this for myself and for anyone who feels they have the time to read it. For the last few days I've been looking at posts and reading about people's relationships and problems and I must say I'm very surprised but in a way comfortable. I'm not sure why I didn't expect a lot...

This is my story [ 10 Answers ]

I met this boy several years ago. He was so wonderful, in so many different ways. My family loved him, as did I. We quickly fell in love. But I was so young and inexperienced. I was 18, he was 25. I didn't know what I wanted, in him, in myself, in life. I chose to abruptly end our relationship. It...

A story? [ 1 Answers ]

Please, can someone tell me if it's possible to write a "story" in the present or future tense. It might seem like an odd question but I won't say more until I get a response. Thanks, Dragn ::)

View more questions Search