Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BJK11025 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Resoloution will not change
    I am running Windows XP Pro. I have a HP L1706 Monitor. From time to time I would change my resoloution from 2048X1536 to 800X600. Now it won't change to anything. It is stuck on 800X600. Each time I go to settings and move the slide bar to a new resoloution and hit apply, it moves back to the 800X600 settings. Please help.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 13, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Update your graphics driver as your first port of call.

Ptherwise a system restore may be in order.
    hmorrar Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Apr 13, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BJK11025 View Post
    I am running Windows XP Pro. I have a HP L1706 Monitor. From time to time I would change my resoloution from 2048X1536 to 800X600. Now it won't change to anything. It is stuck on 800X600. Each time I go to settings and move the slide bar to a new resoloution and hit apply, it moves back to the 800X600 settings. Please help.
    Are you sure you are selecting the right monitor from settings (display=default monitor or some other?) also check if the driver is correct!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why? [ 1 Answers ]

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why?

A break is a change, and change is good.so why doesn't this feel good? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first time posting on this site. I have read some of the responses, and I feel this site is full of very caring people. I'm just scared I'm going to get a little obsessed and check back too often. First, my girlfriend and I have been dating almost 7 months. Doesn't seem like...

Name change [ 2 Answers ]

Where to go to change kid name

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

OPT-HI change [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I moved from anF1(OPT) status to H1 in May of 2006. I'm a bit confused about the status I should be filing my taxes under. Can someone help out? Thanks.

View more questions Search