Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evaeva79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 11:36 AM
    Divorce and 2yr. Green card going back to the States
    I have 2yr green card and I got divorced. My husband filled our separation date as the day I entered the country. I needed to divorce so I was not able to change the paper work. Now I am back in my home country and I want to go back to the States. Will I have problem when I am entering the States? I am afraid he claimed that our marriage was fraud which was not fraud. I wanted to divorce because of his lies and his emotional abuse. I want to know if I will be able to go back to the States.
    hmorrar Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Apr 13, 2009, 12:22 PM

Is is possible that you check with the US embassy at your area?
    evaeva79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 12:37 PM

I tried to get in touch with them but they don't answer the question regarding GC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting divorce with green card [ 7 Answers ]

I just got my green card and I want to get divorce, can I do it without losing my status?

Green Card Divorce [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I are Japanese citizens and we are at a final stage of getting a green card through my husband's job. However, our marriage life is fallen apart and I would like to file for a divorce after receiving a green card. How soon can I file for a divorce without losing a green card? I...

Green card and divorce [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and me, we got green card in December 2008. Now we want to divorce. 1. if is going affect anyway our immigration status? 2. have I report to immigration that I changed my address? 3. may I and she to fill out taxes separate for 2008?

Divorce and green card [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a coditional green card from November 2008. I am married nine months and am living in California. How will look my immigration status if I will get divorce? What I should do to not loose possibility to stay here? Thank you

Divorce with the first green card [ 1 Answers ]

I got marriage in November 2005, I got first green card that is expired in September 2008. This June 2008 I need to file a form for my second green card. My husband is thinking about divorse. He told me about this. Do I have any chance to get my second green card if he divorce before the experation...

View more questions Search