Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Soliven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 10:38 AM
    1099 Workers
    Are they eligible for unemployment insurance?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2009, 10:49 AM

No. They are self employed. If they have somehow incorporated, in some cases, yes, but that is not the usual case.

1099 employees do not pay unemployment taxes and therefore cannot collect unemployment benefits.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 13, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    No. They are self employed. If they have somehow incorporated, in some cases, yes, but that is not the usual case.

1099 employees do not pay unemployment taxes and therefore cannot collect unemployment benefits.
    Damn you're good... if I ever need advice... you're the one. And I can stop the monthly retainer to my corporate attorney too. Your advice is to the point and in layman's terms... I need that... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to pay workers and how much [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to start a power washing business, I know I'm going to need workers but how should I come about them, and how should they get paid, if I'm just starting? Please help I'm stumped. Im not sure to pay them buy the day or buy the job, or weekly. I need to know were to find people that will do...

Insurance for 1099 workers [ 3 Answers ]

I am a new painting contractor in ny state and had a question concerning workers comp insurance. I have 4 workers that I will 1099 upon completion of job. Job should take approx one month. Can and do I have to purchase workmans comp.

Co-Workers? [ 16 Answers ]

All right easy question... Asking out people you work with, rules, thoughts? I go to different locals all the time as a Tech, but I have a few select girls I'd like to ask out, but what are the rules? How forward should one be about it? In a less formal situation I got it down but when...

Who is right? My accountant or my co-workers? [ 3 Answers ]

I presently live in a tax free state (NH). My primary office is in MA (has state taxes). My position requires that sometimes I must travel out of MA for 1 to several days during any calendar year. I also have been very recently approved to work from home (NH) 3 days each week. When filing my...

View more questions Search