Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by erslbrly View Post
    Your "curiousity is misplaced" If you know anything at all about the odoption needs, you would know that the greatst need is for safe homes for youth 18 and over who lack the skills and resourses to live on their own and who do not wish to be oa of the system. The reaon they are in that situation is that when they were teen and preteen social workers, for their own misplaced reasons, failed to place tem in homes that were available to them and where hey were wanted.
    If a red flag is raised for you then perhaps your mind is in the wrong place. You may be uniformed about the needs of youth who reach 18 without a home, or you are out of touch with reality, or both.

Please post the facts behind your posting - I do not find that the greatest need concerning adoptions is ADOPTIVE HOMES for "youth" 19 and over. Remember - we are talking ADOPTION, not about finding places for "youth" to live.

You are busy criticizing everyone for everything so I will offer this suggestion. Spell check.

Otherwise, let us know if/when/how you are able to adopt a youth over 18, which resources you use, what questions you are asked.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 12:35 PM

Poster is not wanting real help. They will not explain the issues, to be honest wanting to "adopt" a younger adult does sound creepy and more like something that has a unhealthly over turned,

You don't adopt to provide a home for other young adults, you can merely take them in, In fact if they are over 18 they are not in the social services program anyway, they are older and out of it.

I feel this person is either a troll or worst someone with unhealthy ideas for young people.
    I am closing this thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Youth Adoption [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 21years old who seeking adoption this is due to how I find it hard to live without parents.I would not mind the country but someone who can really stand by my side and help me achieve my dream.In case you're a willing or have some information that can help my situation {e-mail removed}.Any well...

How can we adopt a child that was abandoned and my husband and I raised for 5 yrs [ 5 Answers ]

Nov 3, 2003 my husband and I decided to take custody of a little girl who was abandoned by her mother when she was 6. The abandonment may have been earlier thant that. Our little girl has two other sisters. My girlfriend obtained custody of the 3 girls from someone who the mother left custody to a...

Non-Relative desiring to adopt abandoned child [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for almost 6 years. We haven't had the pleasure of having children of our own. We were addressed by a friend of a friend who has 14 children. She hasn't raised any of them. She didn't have a place for her children. She asked us to take in her 2 year old, for a...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

What has happened to our youth? [ 18 Answers ]

Every time I read a question from a young teen who is scared of being pregnant or that wants to have sex I feel really sad. I don't know how u all feel about it but I think this nation has really gone to he11. Sex should be shared by two people in love not two kids in heat. These kids are our...

View more questions Search