Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdallen26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Office 97 does not do what it is supposed to do on Windows XP
    I have installed Access 97 on a Windows XP Home Addition eMahine and there is a problem now. A certain feature on a Access 97 Application will not work now. I have ran it in all modes of compatibility modes and nothing. When I try to export a report to file, the only file type I get as a choice is HTML. I need it to export it to rtf. The application I'm using is Traverse97. The application will also throw errors talking about not being able to read certain valuse from the registery. The values are create from the application.

Any ideas will be great.

V.R. jdallen26
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Apr 13, 2009, 12:22 AM

I remember there being a lot of options in the Office 97 installation process about import and export filters (among many other things like fonts, example documents and tutorials). I'm not sure how many were for Access 97. I don't know which of these export filters is included in the default or "Express" install. I'm also not sure if Access would be dependent on the export filters available to Word when sending reports to disk. Have you checked to see if the installation CDs permit the addition of options that weren't selected during the original install?

Also: have you installed the service packs? I believe there were two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using Office 97 with windows xp [ 3 Answers ]

As I now have windows xp as my operating system can I use Microsoft office professional 97 either with xp or can I download an upgrade for MS office professional 97 so that it will operate with Windows xp

Import email from Office Outlook 203 to Windows Visa [ 1 Answers ]

How do you import email and contacts from Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 into Vista Windows mail?

Supposed Law Office will not send any paperwork [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, we were contacted in August 06 regarding a debt owed to a company here in our hometown. This company contacting us is using the heading of a law firm but after looking into them they are nothing but a collection agency. We have called and requested four times now for some type of paperwork...

Help! With windows office! [ 5 Answers ]

OK so I have windows 2003on my brand new laptop (haha) and so the laptop comes with the 30 day trial for windows 2006 but I don't want that. Every time I open like word it pops up then it says=installing windows 2006 trial. And I can't open my projects I've done cause when I close the installation...

View more questions Search