Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Quizzle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Immunology
    Hi everyone... I am a med lab tech from Canada and I really need some help.
    Need to know in point form the events that begin inside the body after an injection of tetanus toxoid, beginning with the reaction at point of entry, and then proceeding to the systemic reactions
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2006, 07:46 AM
    You'll have to do the work of cleaning up the answer and probably open your notes for some details, but the basic path is germination at wound, toxins to blood/lymph to spinal cord motor neurons, systemic tetany from constant stimulation of the motor neurons. Think opposite botulism, where the toxin prevents stimulation.
    Quizzle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 08:28 AM
    It's not the disease process that I need, but the immune response to the injection against tetanus

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immunology [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing an ELISA experiment. I washed the microtitre plate coated with antigen with PBS and BSA for each well. Should I empty the PBS/BSA from the wells and leave the empty plate until I'm ready to use it to add the antibody or should I leave the PBS/BSA in the wells and empty them just before...

Immunology [ 1 Answers ]

Why are some human beings more prone to diseases than others. For example, a friend of mine falls sick morw frequently than me, while many people living in slums etc or working in garbage dumps, do not fall sick so much, even when they live beside very unhygenic areas. We usually describe this...

View more questions Search