Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dasaqr Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 11:56 PM

JB,

I am a bit confused. Like described in my initial question, I want the cells already filled to be uneditable i.e. locked, while the ones that are empty, to be ediatable i.e. unlocked. However the code makes all the cells uneditable whether filled or not, so my question how do I make only the ones that are filled, locked whilst the empty cells remain unlocked.

Thanks again.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 06:15 AM

Oh yeah. I bet you didn't unlock all your cells first, did you?

The default protection state of all cells is "locked" so if you protect your sheet, all cells become uneditable. So turn off the macro, unprotect the sheet, highlight all the cells you want editable and unlock them.

Ctrl-1
    Protection tab
    [ ] Locked (uncheck this)

And don't take that line of code I mentioned, you do want that in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I unlock the control lock on my Kenmore washer? [ 18 Answers ]

How can I unlock the control lock on my Ken,ore washer?

Thinkpad - NBRs Lock /Fn key - won't unlock [ 6 Answers ]

I've tried unlocking the numbers lock on my IBM thinkpad and still, when I type, I get numbers instead of letters. Per a suggestion on this site I pressed the Fn key and nbrs key and that didn't work. Any other ideas?

Subsidy unlock codes for motorola cell phones [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone knows how to unlock subsidy codes for motorola rzors can you please help me it would b greatly appreciated.

Loading different data into a cell [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to load different data into a cell, or part of the page on the click of a link. So I've got a load of links across the top of the page, and when each is clicked, different data is displayed (ideally more HTML) in the rest of the page, without the main...

How can I unlock the control lock on my Kenmore washer? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I unlock the control lock on my Kenmore washer?

View more questions Search