Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serg_e Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 02:13 PM
    58sxa Blower constantly ON
    Hi,

My 58SXA060 furnace wouldn’t turn off the blower after the TSAT stopped calling for heat. Now the blower is constantly ON in HIGH regardless of the TSAT settings. Tried to cycle the power – the blower comes ON in High instantly.

Please let me know if anybody can help!
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 02:15 PM

What brand is your unit?
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 02:16 PM
    Make sure your fan on switch is not on at the t-stat
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 02:17 PM

Sounds like you may have a stuck relay

Apr 12, 2009, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    what brand is your unit?
    Carrier

Apr 12, 2009, 02:33 PM
    make sure your fan on switch is not on at the t-stat
    The fan is in AUTO

Apr 12, 2009, 02:35 PM
    sounds like you may have a stuck relay
    Checked it - no stuck, no power on the coil of the HFR (normally closed)

Apr 12, 2009, 03:21 PM
    make sure your fan on switch is not on at the t-stat
    Joshdta,

How can I check my TSTAT to know that it does what it supposes to when it calls for heat?

Thanks.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 03:29 PM

Well when you turn it to heat, do you get hot air or just the blower?
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 03:31 PM
    If you heat does not come on it may be a limit switch problem. If your unit over heats the limit will shut off the flame and force the blower to run

Apr 12, 2009, 03:54 PM
    well when you turn it to heat, do you get hot air or just the blower?
    Just the blower, no heat.
    What signal/voltage should I get between which wires when it calls for heat?
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 03:55 PM

28 volts between C and W for heat, sounds like you have a limit switch problem

Apr 12, 2009, 04:05 PM
    28 volts between C and W for heat, sounds like you have a limit switch problem
    I have 0V between C and W
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:08 PM

I also think you either have a bad limit switch, or one of the flame rollout switches may need to be reset.

One quick test for thermostat,, disconnect all wires from thermostat(remember where they go so you can hook them back up correctly) You may also want to disconnect thermostat wires from furnace control board to eliminate the wires as the problem. But, like I said, I agree with josh on this one. If you get no flame, but blower runs constantly, you most likely have a limit issue(either high limit or flame rollout). Let us know if you can locate limits in furnace and we will try to help further. Good luck.
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by serg_e View Post
    I have 0V between C and W
    You will only have voltage between c and w when thermostat is calling for heat. You should have voltage between r and c at all times. Please try the wire disconnect test, and let us know if blower shuts off. I doubt it will, but I've been surprised before. Do this first, then we will move on to limits.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 04:11 PM

0 between w and c? And you have the stat turned up high so the unit will come on?
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 04:15 PM

Are you checking at the unit or at the t-stat? Is the a wire on the c terminal at the stat?

Apr 12, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    I also think you either have a bad limit switch, or one of the flame rollout switches may need to be reset.

One quick test for thermostat,,,, disconnect all wires from thermostat(remember where they go so you can hook them back up correctly) You may also want to disconnect thermostat wires from furnace control board to eliminate the wires as the problem. But, like i said, i agree with josh on this one. If you get no flame, but blower runs constantly, you most likely have a limit issue(either high limit or flame rollout). Let us know if you can locate limits in furnace and we will try to help further. Good luck.
    Disconnected all the TSAT wires from the furnace – the blower (no heat) turned instantly ON as soon as I have powered the unit.

Where should I look for the limit switch/switches?
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:21 PM

Good call Josh. There must be a wire between the c on stat, and c on furnace board to get any reading at all from the c on stat. I would suggest doing test at board on furnace if no wire on c at stat.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 04:26 PM

http://www.furnaceparts.com/eshop/pr.../hh12zb170.jpg

Above the burners and gas valve on the top left or the top right. Also may be a resetable flame role out, a little switch on the side of the burners with a red botton in the middle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Janitrol gas heater blower running constantly [ 6 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE! I have an old Janitrol FHS90-25 natural gas heater that fan motor blows constantly. Don't know much about heaters. Removed access panel and can just see motor. Can't physically find limit switch and can I still get parts? Heater under house - very hard to get to. Just bought this...

Day & Night heater blower fan constantly running [ 5 Answers ]

Carrier Day & Night Heater Model# 394GAW000075 System was working flawlessly up until this morning. I was moving some items around in the basement and somehow managed to disconnect one of the t-stat wires, leading into the heater. After reconnecting, turning the system on simply runs the blower...

Blower motor runs constantly [ 6 Answers ]

I have an older heat pump and a/c unit usually works fine today we realized that the blower motor does not shut off.I even turned the thermostat to off but it still runs. Can anyone give me any ideas?Also smelled a little burnt electrical smell when we noticed the blower was not shutting off.

Goodman blower runs constantly [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home with a Goodman furnace and had no idea if the furnace worked or not. The thermostat had the wires from the wall cut with no thermostat, so I replaced it. I'm not sure if the thermostat is wired properly... The wires coming from the wall contain 2 wires, red and white....

Blower motor running constantly [ 6 Answers ]

We have an older bryant furnace It heats up but the fan runs on and on there is a switch that says summer fan when its on it runs constant if you switch that off the fan won't blow at all help needed soon thanks Michelle

View more questions Search