Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Look at the burner area, there should be some small round switches with two wires going to each switch. There should be a little round button between the wires, push on this button and see if you feel a little click(like it engaged). These switches will be your flame rollout switches. As far as you limit, it should be located on the wall of the combustion chamber, it will also have two wires going to it. You will either have to test for voltage across this, or do a continuity test on the switch. To test for voltage, there should be 0 volts across swith terminals when there is a call for heat, if there is 24 volts, the limit is bad.
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Josh, you just type to fast for me. Lol.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 04:28 PM

Haha, its not how fast you type, but the quality of the info. Most times slower is better.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 04:31 PM

http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/images/26H78.jpg a pic of a flame role out
    serg_e Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    Good call Josh. There must be a wire between the c on stat, and c on furnace board to get any reading at all from the c on stat. I would suggest doing test at board on furnace if no wire on c at stat.
    The wires at the stat are as follows:

G – green, Y – yellow, W – white, RH – red, jumper from RH to RC
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:34 PM

Ok, you don't have a common hooked to stat, but not a problem at this point. Check the limits and rollouts next.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 04:35 PM

There may be up to 4 role out switches
    Both sides of the burner, blower compartmant, and also high by the vent.
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Click on the link josh provided to see the rollout swith.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 04:37 PM

Lee you got this for a few I have to help the wife for I min or so I will be back in 20 minutes or so. Also I was just thinking find out if it is a 80 or 90 % furnace. The pressure switch could be stuck closed. Not very likely but maybe!
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:55 PM

Ill stick around for awhile, got to go tend to my family duties soon to. Take care, hear from you tomorrow.
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:57 PM

You still around serg? Find anything yet.

Apr 12, 2009, 05:15 PM
    you still around serg? Find anything yet.
    It works!

All it was - corroded contact on the limit switch.

Thanks a lot, guys! Now my girls and boys, well, and myself will sleep in a worm house.

Sergei.
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 05:30 PM

Awesome. Glad you got it fixed. Great job. Stay warm and come back any time you need help. Maybe you could give josh a rating, as he is the one that stuck throu this with you. Take care, and once again, good job.

Apr 12, 2009, 05:44 PM
    Awesome. Glad you got it fixed. Great job. Stay warm and come back any time you need help. maybe you could give josh a rating, as he is the one that stuck throu this with you. Take care, and once again, good job.
    Hi Mygirlsdad77,

I am new to this site. How do you rate the answer/answers? I will be happy to do it for both of you. You’ve been a great help. I would never figure it out on myself.

Once again, thanks for you help.

Sergei.
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 05:52 PM

You just click on the RATE THIS ANSWER box. Its right next to the quote user box at the bottom of every answer. Im not sure if you can rate answers at this time, as they make you have a certain amount of post before you can rate others. Let me know if you can or not. If you cant, its not your fualt, its just the way the system is set up, mostly to prevent negative ratings to pros that have been here for awhile and don't deserve a negative rating for their advice.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 05:59 PM

Just was reading to see what was going on. Glad you got it fixed, good job. Have a great night!
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 06:28 PM

Josh, just a heads up, you have probably noticed that you can't give certain people a rating. I'm not sure why this is, and I've looked into it on numerouse occasions. It seems that once you have given a rating to someone, you can't give them another rating until you (spread some rep around). I have tried to give you pos ratings, and I get the same answer(need to spread it around). Maybe someday they will fix this(although it is a good idea, since it doesn't allow for people to get two screen names and rate themselves up to a point of perfectness). Just thought I would let you know about this. We all like our ratings(hurts when we get a negative rating, but that's the game here I guess.

Apr 12, 2009, 06:40 PM
    You just click on the RATE THIS ANSWER box. Its right next to the quote user box at the bottom of every answer. Im not sure if you can rate answers at this time, as they make you have a certain amount of post before you can rate others. Let me know if you can or not. If you cant, its not your fualt, its just the way the system is set up, mostly to prevent negative ratings to pros that have been here for awhile and dont deserve a neg rating for their advice.
    Hi Mygirlsdad77 and Josh,

The only boxes to rate the answer I see on the bottom of my own messages and none on the bottom of yours. I guess, not too much I can do at this time. Would be glad to give you both a high rating for helping me in this almost desperate situation – it is going to be -4º C in our city tonight. Not a problem for me …now.

Good job!
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 06:47 PM

Don't worry about it at all. The important things is that you have fixed your problem, and we know that you appreciate our help. Hope you had a great easter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Janitrol gas heater blower running constantly [ 6 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE! I have an old Janitrol FHS90-25 natural gas heater that fan motor blows constantly. Don't know much about heaters. Removed access panel and can just see motor. Can't physically find limit switch and can I still get parts? Heater under house - very hard to get to. Just bought this...

Day & Night heater blower fan constantly running [ 5 Answers ]

Carrier Day & Night Heater Model# 394GAW000075 System was working flawlessly up until this morning. I was moving some items around in the basement and somehow managed to disconnect one of the t-stat wires, leading into the heater. After reconnecting, turning the system on simply runs the blower...

Blower motor runs constantly [ 6 Answers ]

I have an older heat pump and a/c unit usually works fine today we realized that the blower motor does not shut off.I even turned the thermostat to off but it still runs. Can anyone give me any ideas?Also smelled a little burnt electrical smell when we noticed the blower was not shutting off.

Goodman blower runs constantly [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home with a Goodman furnace and had no idea if the furnace worked or not. The thermostat had the wires from the wall cut with no thermostat, so I replaced it. I'm not sure if the thermostat is wired properly... The wires coming from the wall contain 2 wires, red and white....

Blower motor running constantly [ 6 Answers ]

We have an older bryant furnace It heats up but the fan runs on and on there is a switch that says summer fan when its on it runs constant if you switch that off the fan won't blow at all help needed soon thanks Michelle

View more questions Search