Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clothestag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Verbal agreement on renewal mortgage
    I meet an Accountant the other day that said he could consolidate my debt and mortgage into one. The consolidation seemed good but then he stated that he would charge 8000.00 for him to get me these good rates. He said there was no charge until I agreed that I wanted him to go ahead with the new mortgage. I wanted time to think about it my husband said go for it. We agreed that we would like to pursue this new mortgage. There was no contract I signed nothing. I decided a couple hours later that I needed to think about it for a couple of more days. I have tried to contact this person but haven't succeeded yet. Do I owe this person money?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 12, 2009, 01:08 PM

Not until you sign the mortgage papers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Verbal Agreement [ 5 Answers ]

I was separated from my husband and we decided to get back together so I moved in a house he was renting it did not work out so I moved out the landlord was aware that I was living there I decided it was not working out so I moved out. One day the landlord came to my job and asked me for my...

Verbal agreement [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved out of a house that I was renting. There was no lease in writing, only a verbal agreement. Now my landlord is is giving me the run around when I ask for my security deposit. Is this against the law or am I screwed because I don't have anything on paper?

Verbal agreement [ 4 Answers ]

I had a contractor look at a job demolishing 6 mobile homes. He gave me a price of 4,000 and I, along with my business partner agreed. After he completed about 80 % of the job, he told me that my bill was up to 6,900. I asked how if he quoted me 4,000 and he said he never quoted me that, he was...

Verbal agreement [ 4 Answers ]

A man posted a help wanted sign for a truck driver I answered the notice he said he would hire me and that I would be his driver the runs have already started and he has been having his dad run them so that he doesn't have to pay anyone so now I am out the money I wouldve made is this legal...

Lease Agreement Renewal [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a tenant that resides in a NH property. The tenant has paid rent on time but has unfortunately failed to maintain the heat in the unit. Currently delinquent +$1300 and the heat has been turned off by the utility company for failure to pay. I want this tenant to move out because...

View more questions Search