Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    otina22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 12:01 PM
    How can I prove she is unfit
    Hello. I am wanting to adopt my cousin's daughter. She has 3 other kids and I don't think she is a fit mother. How can I prove she is unfit?
    otina22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Unfit mother
    My cousin's daughter wants us to adopt her. She lives in Arizona and we live in Ohio. Her mother doesn't want us to adopt her. My family believes her, her brother, her boyfriend, and her mom are all abusive and unfit to take care of 4 kids. They leave the oldest who is 10 with a 1 year old, a 3 year old, and a 5 year old. The mother locks them out of the house and never spends time with them. The mother is always slepping or working. Her grandmother and brother are always yelling at the kids for no reason. The pick he infant up by the arm and throw her on the couch yelling "STOP CRYING!!!" at her. Should I still go to court even though I don't have her mother's concent?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 12, 2009, 12:12 PM

I would get children's services involved. If there is real abuse they will look into it. Let them know you are willing to foster one or more of the children.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 06:37 PM

Why are you only willing to take ONE of the children, if they are ALL being held by an unfit mother?

Why not ALL of them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do we prove a mother is unfit? [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 1 year old little boy with his ex-girlfriend and she is a horrible mother. They agreed on a custody agreement outside of court and then filed it with family court after they went to the first mediation. At the first mediation, the mediator set up a visitation schedule for the father...

Can she prove me unfit? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old daughter and when she was 1 I signed temp custody to my parents so she could have the best insurance coverage so I wouldn't have to have her on a medical card. Now I have a great job with great medical coverage and my mom won't sign custody back. What do I do about getting...

How to prove a parent being unfit? [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting ready to go for "our" child support hearing-finally, and I am ready to seek out legal advice on getting full-Custody, and only allow the other parent supervised visitaiton due to alcohol abuse & just not being there for the child. Where do I begin & how Please Help! Thanks :confused:

How to I prove he is an unfit parent? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is an alcoholic and recently become a rage-aholic. I am making arrangements to leave him. But what makes this complicated is we have an 8 month old son together. My boyfriend has a son from a previous marriage who is 6. He takes him to parties, bars etc. Now for my question... When I...

How do I prove an unfit father? [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 13 months old. In the past 7 months, my ex had seen him maybe 4 or 5 times. They don't know each other at all. My ex doesn't even call or help me out with my son. In January 07 I asked for him to sign him over, and he said no. His name is on the birth certificate, but we were never...

View more questions Search