Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KYGIRL Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 10:41 PM
    Kentucky Mobile Home Park Law
    What Are The Laws Regarding Eviction Of A Tenant In A Mobile Home Park Where They Own The Trailer. I Have Already Given 30 Written Notice And They Won't Move... And Won't Pay Rent What Do I Do
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2006, 06:27 AM
    At the top of this forum is a sticky that contains links to state laws governing landlord/tenant relations. I'm not sure whether those laws cover a trailer park, but they should. You are leasing the space to them.

Don't you have a lease agreement with them? What does that say? It should provide for termination of the lease and eviction.

Your next step is to check with your county or local courts for the process for eviction.

Sep 13, 2006, 09:17 AM
    We had a lease for a year but that time has expired and according to the lease after that time they went on month to month. The problems started a couple of months ago when their children started breaking windows in a home that I own that is on the adjoining lot to their mobile home. They have broken around 10 windows and painted A sliding glass door pink that was in the rear of the home.

I can't find and laws pertaining to a leased lot. They won't pay their rent now and they won't move...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2006, 10:11 AM
    Ok, if you had a lease, the provisions of that lease are still in force except for the term which is now month to month. Have you checked with the county clerk or court?

Sep 13, 2006, 10:23 AM
    I called and asked about how to evict them.. They told me they couldn't give me any information that I would have to hire a private attorney. Well needless to say I can't afford to do that. I was renting the mobile home space to get the money to fix the house and now they have cost me more money (or will) to fix the windows and sliding door. I just want to make sure all my bases are covered and do a proper eviction. I gave them a 30 day notice to move as per the original lease but they have not. They also quit paying their lot rent... so now I don't even have that coming in...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile Home Park Eviction [ 4 Answers ]

My Husband And I Have Been Renting A Lot In A Mobile Home Parkin Va For 3 Years Now. We Just Received A "so Called" Eviction Notice The Other Day. It Was On Plain Paper Typed On A Computer. It Only Stated That We Had To Leave The Premises Within 30 Days, It Did Not State Why, Nor Was It A Notice...

Park owner demands fee foe selling mobile home? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all. First post/question here. Please advise if possible. My wife & I own a mobile home in a mobile home park here in California. We just received our new lease paperwork, and in it, there is a new stipulation. The park owner is demanding a 5% "fee" or "commission" from any park resident...

Mobile home reposession [ 1 Answers ]

From PM:

Mobile Home Tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm reinstalling a garden tub in an early 80's mobile home. It has an above floor drain, and I'm a little confused as to how to hook it up. It is against a wall with no access to the drain from the rear or underneath. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first experience with plumbing a...

PVC PLumbing in mobile home [ 7 Answers ]

I have PVC water supply lines that screw right onto the faucets. I have to turn the house water supply off to change a washer is there a way to add a shut of valve? Can I simply cut the line and use a hose clamp to attach a shut off valve and then use braided metal hose to go up to faucet?

View more questions Search