Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadmama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 07:30 PM
    Kids Don't Call and Don't want to spend holidays with us
    My kids don't want to spend holidays or come visit anymore. They are from 24 to 31 and it makes us sad that they don't come to visit. They all live at least 3 hours away and haven't been to our home for 1-1/2 years. I miss my grandkids and they only time I get to see them is when I drive to see them. The last time we were all together my husband was having depression problems and he has a tendency to tell everyone how to live their lives. In the meantime, we have been separated for 3 months because of it and now he is doing better. He blamed all of the kids and talked about them behind their backs to the other children. I wish I could fix it. What do you suggest.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2009, 07:34 PM

So you drive and see the grandkids, when you are there, try and build a better relationship with them.

Your ex ( or are you back with him) seems to have dug a hole, it may take years of good behavior to make things better for him
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2009, 07:50 PM

Mend the fences with your husband, before you can mend the fences with your kids.

You may have to leave him at home until then.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2009, 08:54 PM

They are not children anymore for one. To put blame on other people by your ex or husband is not fair at all. Each of your children have to live their own lives.

Always be open to your relationship with your children. That is important. No matter what your husband/ex says. Do not try to fix anything. It may resolve eventually, but it is up to your ex to mend fences. Just keep your relationships open.

Take care...

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Holidays [ 3 Answers ]

Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving. The Holidays are here again-so soon! This time of year is not a time of joy for everyone. In fact, it can be a very depressing time for a lot of us. I wanted to open this thread in hopes people will come to talk if they are starting to feel depressed...

Got a call from a collection agency who was taping my call [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a call from a collection agaency and wanted to gather information about a mastercard debt I owe. I told them that I don't own a mastercard, then they preceded to tell me my ss # and asked me if it was mine. I told them that the ss # was mine and how did they get my ss # since I don't own...

I want to spend more time with my kids [ 1 Answers ]

My ex husband has physical custody of the kids and I want to spend more time with them

View more questions Search