Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JungleDoll Posts: 15, Reputation: -3

Apr 11, 2009, 05:29 PM
    Ear Cartilage Piercings
    Hello Everyone!
    Im 14 and want to get my ear cartilage pierced, I want 2 on each ear.
    I already have had my ear lobes done when I was like 6 or 7 but now I was some higher up~!
    The thing is, my mom kind of refuses at the idea, but she says ifI prove her wrong at a few things then she may think about it, so Im here for some light to be shined upon.
    My lobes got pierced at Claires, and I was thinking getting my cartilage pierced there too but on Yahoo n Google, people say that's a bad idea.
    So if I do get them pierced, should I get it done at Claires?
    And also, the thing that my mom worries about the most.
    She says that the ear cartilage is connected to many neveres, and that if I got them pierced that would effect the nerve, which would damage my immune system which could lead me to more serious sickness (xD). She says that's why people do Acui puncture (sp?). But Im not sure if she's right or not, I understand it may damage some nerves but not that it can be so serious. My sister got hers done without permisson, but I would like to receive my moms trust and premisson, so can someone please share some medical insight upon the percing of the cartilage area? I tried searching it up on Google but Im not very good on finding things like that, so some help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 09:20 PM

First, what kind of cartilage piercing are you looking at?

Industrial:

Or the standard cartilage piercing:

Sarah
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 09:24 PM
    Either one the best place to get it done is with a professional piercer, which you can find on your local yellow pages. They also usually are located in tattoo parlors. One this is for sure; make sure everything is sterile!

As for convincing your mom, well that you cannot really do. You can beg and plead, but usually once mom has her mind made up it's done.

The best thing to do is wait another year or two, better yet wait till your of age [where you don't need parental signature].

The negatives about cartilage piercings are; Irritation, infection, rejection, migration, hypertrophic scarring, keloids. If taken care of properly, none of these cons should occur. Medically speaking there is not positive to piercing any hole into your body. We already have all the orifices we need ;)

Here is a link to a thread that may help you; Cartilige Piercing

Sarah

Apr 13, 2009, 03:23 PM

Oh, yes, sorry, I forgot to mention I wanted Helix's, which is your standard cartilage piercing. And my mom kind of asked to be convinced, she said that if I just prove her wrong on some of the things she guessed, she would give me permisson. She's wary about, she hasn't set her mind at all, that's why Im here. But thank you for the link, but Ive already seen that post, and it didn't help at all, but Thank you anyway
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleDoll View Post
    And my mom kinda asked to be convinced, she said that if I just prove her wrong on some of the things she guessed, she would give me permisson.
    Mommy translation for:

I don't think you'll be able to prove me wrong since I got the facts but have fun trying.

Sarah

Apr 23, 2009, 04:01 PM

XD Nah, seriously, she doesn't even have the right facts, anyho she's different from some moms, we actual have an connecttion and I can understand if you don't understand that connection.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 04:07 PM
    xD Nah, seriously, she dosent even have the right facts, anyho shes different from some moms, we actual have an connecttion and I can understand if you dont understand that connection.
    It's great to hear that you have a good relationship with your mother.

Sarah

Apr 23, 2009, 04:10 PM

Yepp, it sure is, now if you don't mind, can you stop posting on this thread if you aren't going to help anymore? Thanks
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Yepp, it sure is, now if you dont mind, can you stop posting on this thread if you arent going to help anymore? Thanks
    You don't have the right to determine who will post on this thread, it's a public forum, as such you are open to everyone's and anyone's opinion. Should have read the rules.

As for your question. Get it done at a professional ear piercers and talk to your mom to find out what she wants you to prove.

Good luck.

Apr 23, 2009, 04:27 PM

Nope haven't read the rules, just came here for help

But yes, Claires is now totally off the question

Thank you
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 23, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Judt because you do not like what someone post don't be rude or you will not get help at all have a nice day
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Nope havent read the rules, just came here for help

But yes, Claires is now totaly off the question

Thank you
    I wouldn't trust Claires for something like this. For ear lobe piercing sure, but not for cartilage piercing.

As for the rules. When you signed up on the site you agreed to the rules. It's never a good idea to agree to something unless you know what you're agreeing to. Right?

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 07:38 PM

Thread closed, pick one of a dozen reasons

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Precautions for cartilage piercings done at home? [ 5 Answers ]

ok...i pierced my own cartilage,,, i used a safety pin and it feels like i thought it would pain when i lay on it,,,which i never did again,a little when i get close to the pierced place...are there any precautions i should worry about other than cleaning it?...I've been cleaning it by taking the...

Cartilage piercings [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I was wondering how do I tell my mom that I want to pierce my cartilage. She has her navel done so I don't think that it will be a problem but you never no give me some help. :)

Cartilage piercings [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced on my left ear 2 days ago. It is extremely sore to touch and it is a bit red its not beat red its just a little red it doesn't hurt other than touching it and I'm doing the proper cleaning more so than it said. Do you think its infected? Or is it part of the healing...

Cartilage piercings - Yes or no? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys. I'm thinking of getting my cartilage pierced on my ear. I've heard needles are the best way to go for many reasons and have read up a bit about keeping it clean etc. Any tips or warnings? Particularly, how long is it best to leave it before 1) swimming, 2) changing the stud/ring, 3)...

Where exactly do cartilage piercings go through? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow and I'm a bit anxious. A friend of mine told me they deliberately miss the cartilage and just go through the fleshy-skin part above the cartilage... contrary to what I've heard. Is she right or not and where exactly does the piercing go through?

View more questions Search