Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Sewage Smell Inside My Home With Flies
    Hi! I'm bellis. My home is 30 years old. There is a sewage smell in my home from my air ducts. The smell is stronger in my son's room and the kitchen's air vent. I do smell it in other rooms of the house, when I get close to the vent. When the AC and heater are running, the smell is not as strong in the house. My kitchen sink also has a "rotten egg smell" when water is going down the drain. I also have sewage flies in home. Please help!:(

Thanks in advance,

bellis
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 11:38 PM

Hi, bellis!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage smell from toilet seat as well as from any water drainage point in the home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to ask that why is that my toilet seat discharges smell all the time and I feel as if it is the smell of the sewage system of the street. I've noticed that there isn't any toilet gas drain pipe outside of the toilet room. Is it the reason for that bad smell?

New home with sewage smell [ 3 Answers ]

We have a new home with private septic tank. All plumbing fixtures have vents except for kitchen island which has a gravity fitting on it that is supposed to fight odors escaping through the drain. We have had our plumbers come out several times regarding sewage smell. It started in the master...

Sewer smell and flies [ 4 Answers ]

We had a huge backup from our basement drain about a year ago (little children and too much paper in the toilet caused it I think). We cleaned up the concrete floor with cleaner and then with bleach and took out the carpet that got wet. All was fine for a while, then the smell started. We get a...

Sewage odor inside of the walls [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Sorry if this was covered already, but I have a “mysterious” smell problem. :eek: We recently had our leach field replaced and tank pumped. Since then a sewage odor occurs near the downstair bathroom in the basement, but also travels up the walls into the 2nd floor bedroom and basement and...

Rotten-egg / sewage smell in home [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been experiencing a rotten-egg / sewage smell in my home. It occurs mainly in the summertime but it is not constant. The smell seems to be stirred up by two simultaneous events: (1) running water down the kitchen sink, and (2) the central air-conditioning kicking on. It is...

View more questions Search