Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzy11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Capital Gains State of Colorado
    At the end of December my company stock was cashed in due to the sale of the company. This was a long term asset. I know that I need to pay 15% capital gains tax on that - is there also a State Capital gains tax?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 13, 2009, 01:56 PM

Yes - Colorado has a flat tax of 4.63% that is based on your Adjusted Gross Income as reported on your federal tax return (with some additions and subtractions). Since your AGI includes capital gains and losses, they are included in CO's income tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capital Gains for NRA [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I thought that NRA were excluded from having to pay cap. Gains taxes. However when my brother closed a Fidelity account in 2008 they withheld 28% of the proceeds (even though there is a tax treaty that puts the tax on dividends at a max of 15%.) Fidelity later said that not all the W8-BEN...

Can short term capital losses offset long term capital gains in the same tax year? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend sold some investment real property this year and had a large long term capital gain. He invested the proceeds in the market and the values are down. If he sells the investments now he will have some short term capital losses. Can he use the STCL to offset the LTCG? He also paid...

Capital Gains [ 2 Answers ]

I inherited land from a family member that passed away. I have sold the land. To avoid paying capital gains can I just go out and buy some investment property with the money I made?

State capital gains tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a resident of Texas, a non income tax state. In 2007 I sold some property in Alabama & they claim I owe them taxes on the gains. I'm employed by a firm in ky, an income tax state, but being a tx resident my wages are not taxed by ky. As a non-resident of al can they legally assess my gains?...

Colorado State Capital Gains Tax Rate [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me the Colorado Sate capital tax rate? Thanks, D

View more questions Search