Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gljorge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Diverter valves for shower spas
    I am building a new shower. I have 2 water supplies, h and c, on each side of the shower area. The 3/4" pair will serve one shower head and 3 body sprays, and the opposite side 1/2" set will supply one body spray and one shower head.(as well as a bar sink on the opp. Side of the wall). I have looked quite a bit at parts, but am still not clear on diverter valves. I want one on each side to allow for the shower head, the body sprays, or both together, what I would call a 3-function valve. Is this correct, or do I need separate on/off control valves for each function? Isn't one combination valve available? Thanks.
    George G.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 13, 2006, 12:58 PM
    Hey George,

I have this on my own shower, (see image). It's a shower arm stop. If you had a three way diverter would would have to mount and pipe to it. Individual shower head stops are much simpler to install and will do the tasks that you desire. To check them out click on; http://www.accentshopping.com/store/...erheads/E8.asp
    Good luck Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water shooting out from behind shower hot and cold valves [ 3 Answers ]

When I turn on the shower, water is not making it up to the shower head, rather spraying out from behind the knobs to turn the shower on? Is it just bad gaskets? How should I repair.

Shower diverter [ 4 Answers ]

A plumbing problem that we can't seem to get a grip on: When we turn the shower knob, the water still runs out of the tub spout. There was initially a piece missing (black rubber gasket type fitting) from the back of the diverter assembly, but now that this piece has been added the assembly either...

Shower diverter [ 2 Answers ]

I recently gutted my stand up shower. How do I install my new shower diverter and if I paid someone how much should I be charged.

Shower diverter [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the shower diverter and seat due the shower and tub running at the same time and I still have the same problem. I have taken out the diverter numerous times and don't see anything wrong with it. ANy help would be appreciated. Oh, it is a sasco valve with a separate hot, cold and diverter...

Shower diverter [ 6 Answers ]

Having trouble with the shower. More water coming out of faucets than the shower. We replaced the diverter but this did not help. Any other ideas. Thanks Jo D.

View more questions Search