Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chuck W Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Shower Pan Question from a Newbie
    I have a shower that is tiled on three sides and has a fiberglass pan. The pan has peeled and has had 2 do it yourself paint jobs from Home Depot kits. It also has two cracks coming out from the drain about 5 inches long. I had a pro out to refinish it and he said that because of the extent of damage and the 2 prior repaints, he could not refinish it. It is also an odd size. It measures 51" by 30" by 3" deep. I have shopped around and cannot find one that size.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 12, 2006, 07:16 PM
    Hi Chuck,

The only thing I can suggest is install a custom tile shower. Good luck, Tom
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Sep 12, 2006, 07:38 PM
    One possible other solution is to have a custom solid surface shower pan created. Something made of corian or similar.

You would need to remove the bottom foot or so of tile to allow the shower pan to be installed and have the membrane run up the walls to help minimize leaks.

Check with a local counter top supply house.

Good Luck , Dan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newbie question - installing a flange in basement rough-in [ 3 Answers ]

Got a real newbie question. I'm in the final stages of finishing my basement and am turning my attention to the bathroom. Our house is about 6 years old and we had the builder rough-in a 1/2 bath for us (so venting and stub are already present). I have the closet flange just about ready to go...

Question from a newbie regarding filtering freeware [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Could someone help me with some advice regarding good URL filtering freeware? Thanks very much, Ura

Basement rough in question, Newbie [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this forum so be gentle. I have read through many of the threads. I have a question on basement rough ins. I purchased a new house and the builder provided rough ins for a bathroom and a wet bar. My question is what I need to hook up. I want to do it myself, not sure if I...

Shower question [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a townhouse in VA with an unfinished basement that I am trying to finish with a 3/4 bathroom. I have a rough in for a toilet and a sink, but none for a shower yet. There is also a 2" floor drain. The floor drain, toilet, and sink all use the same vent (I think). I would like to...

Newbie introduction & question [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I will admit to being a novice, other than depending on our computer department to taking care of problems. I just recently received my dell home computer, and was not aware of window updates, and spyware, much less ad aware. I did have my norton anti virus 90 day trial updated, but that...

View more questions Search