Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teened Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Apr 10, 2009, 06:27 PM
    First time
    I have never had sex before but will soon be meeting a man and we've decided to have sex together. I've never met him before, we've only spoken online. I've known him for quite a long time and feel quite safe about this. He's much older than me. Would it make sense to go through with this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 06:30 PM
    How old are you?
    cvstone Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 06:32 PM

I would wait till a couple of meetings before you do anything sexual other than kissing. I mean for me I like to be dating the person before I get intimate in that way.

When talking to someone online, you never know what to expect when meeting the person. You never know if when you meet the guy, whether he will be that same way as he was when you talked online. I would be careful though when you meet him. I wouldn't go by myself.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 06:33 PM
    Internet communication can be very misleading. What kind of site did you meet him on? You could be putting yourself in a dangerous situation.

Apr 10, 2009, 06:35 PM

I'm 18
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 06:35 PM
    This sounds to me like a child predator and you should tell your parents and/or police about this man.
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Apr 10, 2009, 06:37 PM

Don't be so fast to have sex with some guy that, really you don't know...Because just knowing him online isn't like knowing him offline. He could be some old, nasty geez, he could be a serial killer, he could have STD's, there's a LOT you Really don't know...Even After meeting face to face, you should wait a while...
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 06:39 PM
    How long have you been chatting with him? Have you spoken on the phone? How old is he?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 06:42 PM

I would say about 80 percent of men who talk to women online lie, a large group are married and just want cheap or free sex with as many women as they can.

Others just chat and lie but never meet.

You never meet and have sex the first meeting, and you check them out, phone address, phone numbers where they work and more.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 06:46 PM

You asked a question in your post here, you said: "Would it make sense to go through with this?" No it would not make sense to go through with this in fact it could cost you your life at the most, and just less than that you could lose yourself esteem, and all of your pride in yourself.

Please do not meet this man.

Apr 10, 2009, 06:55 PM

I've known him for a long time and how he'll turn out to be is not the problem. Its been 10 months, and he'll be okay with it if there's no sexual stuff. But I'm really into sexual stuff and I like him a lot so I just won't be able to resist. I never wanted to have sex this young, but... not able to help it. Tried earlier and couldn't do it 'cause of the pain. The 'first time' factor is the problem.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 06:59 PM
    You said he is much older... how old is he?

Apr 10, 2009, 07:00 PM

I’ve known him for a long time and how he’ll turn out to be is not the problem. Its been 10 months, and he’ll be okay with it if there’s no sexual stuff. But I’m really into sexual stuff and I like him a lot so I just won’t be able to resist. I never wanted to have sex this young, but... not able to help it. Tried earlier and couldn’t do it ‘cause of the pain. The ‘first time’ factor is the problem.

Apr 10, 2009, 07:00 PM

Oh, he's 35
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 07:01 PM

No, you have not "KNOWN" him at all, you have only chatted online, that is talking but that is not knowing them.

I have been there and done the dating online, over 40 percent of the ladies I meet online had all lied about things when I finally meet them or searched their background
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 07:04 PM
    You originally asked if we thought it made sense. I will say no - it does not make sense for you to do this. You have no idea who he really is or what his intentions are. The internet allows people to pretend to be things that they are not.

Apr 10, 2009, 07:06 PM

All right, I am not here to figure out if he's right or not. That's just demeaning and disrespectful towards him. It was just sexual thing that I was worried about.
    Anyway, way to be melodramatic people :P
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teened View Post
    alright, I am not here to figure out if he's right or not. that's just demeaning and disrespectful towards him. It was just sexual thing that I was worried about.
    anyways, way to be melodramatic people :P
    It's not being melodramatic, it's being REAL. This is the real world now, sexual predators, pedophiles, serial killers. They all prey on the innocent, many of them on online communities and chat rooms.

This is how real life is now. If you are planning on meeting this man, do it in a public place, let friends and/or family know where you are. Do NOT meet this man for the first time in a private place.

Apr 10, 2009, 07:15 PM

I'm not telling friends about it since age factor makes it a problem. I will meet him in a public place though...
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teened View Post
    I'm not telling friends about it since age factor makes it a problem. I will meet him in a public place though....
    You are still putting yourself at a huge risk. If age factor is a problem, then that is a big RED FLAG that this relationship is wrong. You should want to, and be able to, share your relationships with your friends and family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Directions to set time on Seiko World Time Touch Sensor clock. [ 7 Answers ]

I need directions to set the time on Seiko World Time Touch Sensor clock. RefONS901G. Cal YJ20. The clock has a B C buttons to set time. Thanks, Tom Disregard! I figured it out. Thanks, Tom

Part time or full time New York resident taxes [ 4 Answers ]

My husband in the was USARMY stationed at West Point, New York up until the end of August of 2008 therefore he was not a New York resident. We moved to Highland Falls, New York September 15,2008. Do we file a part time New York resident form? He was only a New York resident from September 15, 2008...

Time limit for turning time sheet in California? [ 1 Answers ]

Simply put - I worked for a company in February 2008. I got a different job in March 2008. When putting together my receipts at the end of the year I realized I had not turned in my time sheet for the work in February. I submitted the time sheet in January 2009. They have responded that they...

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

View more questions Search