Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teened Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Apr 10, 2009, 07:19 PM

All right, peace out folks, you all watching too many day time soups/ talkshows :P
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 07:34 PM

Why would you want your first sexual experience to be with a stranger? :confused:

Apr 10, 2009, 07:47 PM

Its not a stranger. I've thought about it and I really feel safe with him.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 08:02 PM

How can you feel safe with someone you've never been around?

You asked if it made sense and everyone here told you No and advised against this plan. You seem to have your mind made up regardless of the advice you were given, so why are you really here?

Apr 10, 2009, 08:28 PM

I do have my mind made up about meeting him because I really want to and that wasn't my query. I need to know weather having sex at this age would seem right? Its painful, and I have moral ideas about why I don't want to do it.. but my needs contradict that... so, I don't know where to go with that. Just deciding not to have sex doesn't work for how sexually driven I am.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teened View Post
    I do have my mind made up about meeting him because I really want to and that wasn't my query. I need to know weather having sex at this age would seem right? its painful, and I have moral ideas about why I don't want to do it.. but my needs contradict that....so, I don't know where to go with that. just deciding not to have sex doesn't work for how sexually driven I am.
    Dear teened,
    Please know that when you post something like this here, you will not only get a black or white answer. We will address all the issues that affect the answer. So yes, we have all addressed meeting someone from the 'net and the obvious safety issues.

Now that we have that out of the way when you talk about meeting him and having sex with him right away, that poses new questions for us. Because meeting someone on the net and deciding to make the relationship sexual right away shows a lack of self-esteem. It seems that you may be letting your hormones get the best of you. Those pesky hormones don't always lead us down the right path and can cause us a world of hurt if we let them rule.

Now you say you wonder if having sex now is the right thing for you because of your age. You stated that you're 18 so you're able to make that decision for yourself. The fact that you have doubts tells me that you shouldn't do it. Your first sexual experience should be special. You say you have moral contradictions about the situation. So basically your body is saying one thing and your soul is saying something different. Again those pesky hormones are at it again. After it's over you have to live with yourself and the decision that you've made. One might I add, that can't be taken back.

The fact that you even used the specific word moral says a lot about you. It means somewhere down the road someone taught you what's right and wrong and based on that upbringing you are questioning this decision. I understand feeling like you can't wait but listen to your gut. Again, if we even make it past the physical dangers of meeting someone for the first time from the internet, what about the emotional consequences?

The decision to become intimate with someone is not something that should be taken lightly. There are a number of possible consequences that must be considered (pregnancy, STDs, emotional trauma/distress). You need to make sure that you are prepared... are you ready to be a mother? What happens to this guy after you two have sex? When will it be OK to introduce him to your family & friends? These are just some of the questions you should ask yourself...
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 09:10 PM
    You chat a guy up who's nearly twice your age, you decide to meet him for sex, and you're worried that it might hurt?

It could hurt all right. Perhaps he has a wife and children? A few STD's? A criminal record? Untreated mental illness? Impulsive anger?

These are not things you are going to know ahead of time because you've met him online. To the contrary, people with those traits come across as the opposite, because they won't get what they want if they do tell the truth.

What you are trusting is the unknown and you have chosen to meet him for sex.

While I'm between watching my soaps here, is there any particular reason why you don't have sex with people your own age?

Is it that he is anonymous?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 09:30 PM
    I just HAD to add this...

YouTube - Brad Paisley - Online
    iLy541 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 09:41 PM

NO IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA. Your 18 still young enjoy your years. And don't caught up with sex. You're a virgin, keep it that way. Find some one you really and truly in heart love and know personally, Cause once you do the deed there's no going back.
    P.S. Love making isn't something that is planned, Sex is. Which one would you prefer?

Apr 10, 2009, 09:43 PM

I am simply demeaning my relationship with him by representing him as something bad here. I really appreciate you all for giving your responses, that's very kind. Thank you.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 09:47 PM
    You are simply demeaning yourself period. By having sex with a guy almost twice your age, whom you have never met, and no, talking to him over the internet for 10 months does not equate meeting him.

You don't know this man. Period. He could very easily be misrepresenting himself to sucker you in. It's not this first time this has happened, and won't be the last.

Thank God we have the Amber Alert for girls like you who go missing with men like him.

Apr 10, 2009, 09:53 PM

Okay J_9, haha, what a funny video. That doesn't apply. I've seen him and know him and his family and everything aobut his life which is not misrepresented to something rosy at all. I am going to meet him 'cause he's been a great friend to me. When we met I was a wrecked up person and he was really nice. Even now taking away the issue of sex doesn't really ruin things for us. We'd still be thick friends. I'm just worried about the contradiction in myself about having sex, which him or at all, and with waiting, which seems to demand a lot of courage out of me.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 10:23 PM
    okay J_9, haha, what a funny video. That doesn't apply. I've seen him and know him and his family and everything aobut his life which is not misrepresented to something rosy at all. I am going to meet him 'cause he's been a great friend to me. When we met I was a wrecked up person and he was really nice. Even now taking away the issue of sex doesn't really ruin things for us. We'd still be thick friends. I'm just worried about the contradiction in myself about having sex, which him or at all, and with waiting, which seems to demand a lot of courage out of me.
    You say you've seen him... So you have met him in person then? Or have you heard of PhotoShop?

when we met I was a wrecked up person
    This is what they do. They prey on young girls with problems, present themselves as the hero, save you, and voilà, you two are off having sex. He gets what he wants and you end up with an unwanted pregnancy, a STD, a bitter wife, or worse... dead.

Look, I'm not innocent, I am a mother, I am old enough to be your mother. I am a survivor of an internet predator. I am also the friend of a girl who came up missing over 25 years ago and has never been found. Just Google Deanie Peters. She was my friend.

I suppose we are just wasting our breath here. You are going to do what you want to do, whether it's safe or not. I just hope your parents have life insurance or medical insurance on you.

Apr 10, 2009, 10:39 PM

Okay so, I've seen him via messenger, know people my age who know him 'cause he went to that uni, know his addresses, his family and can verify that stuff in any way. I chat online too, I've known other good people who do... its not like everyone online is there for prying.
    I don't intend on having sex if it doesn't feel good when I meet him, but I am going to be meeting him. I just don't know about having sex.
    I've wanted to wait till I get married. I am in trouble with faith and don't know where to look for direction. Just wouldn't know how to hold off.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 10:47 PM
    If you know people your age who know him, why aren't you willing to take them with you?

Okay, I'm done with this. You are 18 and you think you are bulletproof... You belong to the "it won't happen to me" age. I've raised 2 and am raising a third in that age group right now.

Let me tell you hun, bad things do happen to good people.

Now, go on, have your fun with this freak. No man of his age should be attempting to have an affair with a girl your age unless he has a sick mind.

Apr 10, 2009, 10:51 PM

He's not attempting an affair. He wouldn't be bothered at all with no sex. And people my age at his uni are not the problem. It's the ones I my uni I don't want to tell, I have friends who directly know my parents and that won't work well. He's not sick, liking me is not 'cause of my age. Anyway, thanks for the concern, I see your point.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 10:58 PM
    I'm glad you see my point, but you are still going to go through with it aren't you?

If I were your parents I would lock up your computer, take your cell phone, and find this creep and have him arrested.

Oh, yeah, and let me guess. You are very mature for your age right? Do you have any idea how many times we here this?

Men of this age are out for one thing and one thing only from girls your age. I'm sure you can guess what it will be.

Oh, and he works at a Uni? Well, do you know what this could do to his job? Do you care?

Now, again. You are going to do what you want to do. But before you do, make a doctors appointment for afterward for a STD checkup and a pregnancy checkup.
    help888 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 03:19 AM

You 18 ,him 35,secret relationship
    It looks kind of fishy, otherwise you wouldn't be here.
    I'm 32 male,single, alone and still don't understand his intentions with you are other than take advantage of the situation, I know age doesn't matter I was pursuing a 23 year old women and I didn't have a problem meetings her friends or family,if he is good like you think,you should date him first get to know him and go from there.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 03:47 AM
    okay so, I've seen him via messenger, know people my age who know him 'cause he went to that uni, know his addresses, his family and can verify that stuff in any way. I chat online too, I've known other good people who do...its not like everyone online is there for prying.
    I dont intend on having sex if it doesn't feel good when I meet him, but I am going to be meeting him. I just don't nkow about having sex.
    I've wanted to wait till I get married. I am in trouble with faith and don't know where to look for direction. Just wouldn't know how to hold off.
    internet dating Dangers : dating on the internet- Before you start internet dating what to watch out for, what to beware of!
    Internet Dating Stories: Strange Relationships
    Internet date led to rape, N.H. police say - The Boston Globe

I could go on! I hope you are educated enough to know what you THINK you are getting into.
    A man that age is looking to hook up with a girl your age is interested in one thing.
    Yes,he was there for you.That is a common manipulation tool to get you to trust him.Sometimes these creeps will string their prey along for months to achieve their goal.Especially if they have found someone who is confused and naïve,as you are ! It is no soap opera ,it is real life.
    If you are having problems with faith,speak to a minister.
    Listen to what people are telling you,you are making a huge mistake and it could be deadly!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2009, 03:59 AM

Dinkle Dorf.

Hello, You keep saying you know this person, but you do not. Online, it could be anybody. You do not have sex with a person you do not know. The person could have Aids/ Hep, and many other things. This person is much older. It could be a sex predator as others have mentioned. Or this person could be a murderer, anything.

Joe

Edit: You have been warned. You have been answered that this is not good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Directions to set time on Seiko World Time Touch Sensor clock. [ 7 Answers ]

I need directions to set the time on Seiko World Time Touch Sensor clock. RefONS901G. Cal YJ20. The clock has a B C buttons to set time. Thanks, Tom Disregard! I figured it out. Thanks, Tom

Part time or full time New York resident taxes [ 4 Answers ]

My husband in the was USARMY stationed at West Point, New York up until the end of August of 2008 therefore he was not a New York resident. We moved to Highland Falls, New York September 15,2008. Do we file a part time New York resident form? He was only a New York resident from September 15, 2008...

Time limit for turning time sheet in California? [ 1 Answers ]

Simply put - I worked for a company in February 2008. I got a different job in March 2008. When putting together my receipts at the end of the year I realized I had not turned in my time sheet for the work in February. I submitted the time sheet in January 2009. They have responded that they...

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

View more questions Search