Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Pregnancy
    Hi

I'm 38 years old, divorced and never had children... my boyfriend and I decided to try and have a child of our own... I have been of the injection since May this year and am still not pregnant.

Please help with any information... as being a first time I want to know what and when is the right time to try.

PLEASE HELP!! :confused:
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2006, 09:24 AM
    Well, docs say you need to try for a year in most circumstances, before they say there is a potential fertility problem... so id say first off that you haven't been trying that long. It is true that conception is generally more difficult as you get older (well known for women, but also research indicates for men as well), but that still does not mean you are having problems conceiving.

Id say talk to your doctor. Though I think the one year waiting time before declaring a problem is pretty common, your doc might consider testing you sooner if you don't have the results you wish for in a few more months.

Do you have a history of endometriosis/adhesions?

In the meantime, act as if you are pregnant (proper vitamins for ex) and work to strengthen your body. My wife became pregnant for the second time at 36, and though she's always been fit, she was probably in the best physical condition shed been in for some time, and was glad when the pregnancy took its toll on the body in later stages.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2006, 12:38 PM
    If you were on the depo shot it can take up to 18 months before it is out of your system enough to get pregnant. I haven't been on depo for 17 months now, and trying for a year of that. So don't lose hope. Definitely get checked out if you are really worried about it, because stressing can make getting pregnant take longer. So do what you can to ease your mind, and try to be calm about it. Hard to do when you really want to get pregnant, I know, but it really issome of the best advice that I have gotten. I wish you the best of luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, tell me what you think... the company I work for has an outside third party company that handles payroll and insurance. Our open enrollment is in January and July. In January we got a new company and after reviewing the benefits and the premiums I agreed. In February I found out that I was...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a probability question. I had sex with my girlfriend for the first time Aug 30. I inserted my penis 5 times before the condom broke. I did not ejaculate sperm into her but I know pre "***" can cause pregnancy. So what are the chances of her getting pregnant and what should I do.

Pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

I have been having sex with my boyfriend for 2 in half years without no condom, how come I have never gotten pregnant? I don't have nothing wrong with me? Its not genetic through my family?

Sex during Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I was told during my last pregnancy that I shouldn't have sex. I ended up having a miscarriage and they told me that having sex was probably a reason. How long should I wait before I can have sex again? I am only a month along, but that's how far I was last time. If we take it easy, is that safe?...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old, and have some problem. I have my period at 3rd June and having unprotected sex at 11th June. Expecting pregnant but period come again on 29thjune . Never happened having period twice in a month. I am so confusing.. after that when we have sex again my vagina is bleeding . My...

View more questions Search