Sep 12, 2006, 05:17 AM
    DMZ Area
    What is OWA means?
    OWA "front End" " DMZ Area"?
    OWA "Back End" " DMZ Area"?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2006, 05:28 AM
    OWA has always meant Outlook Web Access to me. That's the Exchange service that allows users to use the internet to access their corporate mail outside of the corporate network.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 12, 2006, 05:36 AM
    Need is absolutely correct. OWA is Outlook Web Access.

DMZ is a Demilitarized Zone, separate area between the internet and the internal network.

Front end and Back end are probably refferring to outlook servers, front end deals with user requests and the back end typically holds mailboxes and public folder stores.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2006, 05:37 AM
    DMZ usually stands for DeMilitarized Zone. In network terms it refers to a PC on a network that is left outside the firewall.
    I also agree with NK on OWA. Why are you asking?
    mosaedm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Thanks (Need, StuMegu and Scott ) I Think It helps and now I anderstand.
    Some one gave me more clear picture the mean of OWA ? Which means
    A Web based version of the normal Outlock.

Thanks
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Here's a screenshot of OWA.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Sep 12, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Actually Front-End and Back-End refer to the networks that are considered either inside or outside your organization. It makes more sense when you have two Network Interface Cards (NICs) on the OWA server where you designate one NIC as Front-End (i.e. facing the Internet) and the other NIC as Back-End (i.e. facing your internal network). So this server would be dual-homed and would have a Front-End and a Back-End connection.

Some installations only use one NIC and designate (via IP addresses) what is considered Front-End and Back-End.

EDIT: Or you can put both NICs on the same DMZ segment with different IP's which is not recommended.
    mosaedm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 10:16 PM
    Thanks Cajalat, your explanation make more clear to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seattle Washington Area [ 6 Answers ]

I recently moved into an apartment with some friends or who I thought where friends at the time. When I moved in I brought my dog with me, and yes I paid a deposit of $175 plus $20 dollars a month extra for the deposit. Well about a month ago we found a house and moved. Now the old apartment is...

Area, perimiter, dimensions [ 1 Answers ]

A rectangular room has an area of 99 square feet and a perimeter of 45 ft. What are the dimensions of the room?

Need Help in Weightloss Area [ 1 Answers ]

Hi new here and I just had a Baby Six Months ago and One two years before that and I Gained a lot of weight I gained 80POUNDS and about 70 to 75 the second and I c-sect the second and only 10 pound lose I lost most of the weight the first and I need to do it again but what is the best diet or way...

Screen Area [ 5 Answers ]

Why does the screen area of my monitor sometimes, not always, resize itself after the computer is started up? I like to always have it at 800 x 600 but sometimes it resets itself to 640 x 480 which is too big! Thanks for your help!

Pi and the area of circles [ 1 Answers ]

as I'm sure u all know, pi is so far an infinite decimal (3.1415... ) when you are finding the area of a circle (pi*r^2), you usually get a long decimal, then round with pi being indefinite, is it impossible to have a circle with an even area? just wondring, brook

View more questions Search