Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George Frueh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Aqua Leader Pool developes rust/holes on outside
    Greetings,

We installed an above ground, Aqua Leader pool in 2002. Oval - 15 x 33. We live in PA. This past February, I discovered a small hole about a foot up front the ground. Hole was about 3/16" and water was coming out onto the snow.
    Pool surface was frozen for the most part.

We patched the hole from the outside and it seems to be holding. Today, 4/10/09, I discovered what appear to be brown rust markings and water is seeping out of them.

Does anyone have an idea of what's happening here? I've heard that the Aqua Leader has steel sides, not aluminum. That would explain the possible rust.

This is freaky and I am extremely concerned.

Thanks,
    George Frueh
    Souderton, PA
    [email protected]
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 11:09 AM

That outside patch will not hold for long. You ned to repair from the inside and your liner apparently also has a hole. The liner must be replaced minimum but I have little hope for the walls if they have rusted though in one spot already.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pin holes in an above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 24ft above ground and am finding pin holes on one side of the pool. I patched two but have found four more. The linner is two years old and otherwise in great shape. The pool store told me that it was from nut grass. I pulled an article online to get a visual of what I was looking for...

Rust on wall of pool [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get rid of and prevent small rust hole?

Rust holes [ 1 Answers ]

Can you fix rust holes in frame near rear wheelwell on a 1994 honda civic ex

View more questions Search