Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs pc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 08:58 AM
    10 days late and negative test but all the symptoms
    Hi

Im new to this but basically I was due on my pill free week 12 days ago and I normally come on 2 days later but as it stands I'm 10 days late. I did a test at 7 days it was negative! I went to DR that day told him my symptoms( bad stomach pain, head ache and feeling sick and slightly dizzy on occasion, very teary at certain things) At first he though it was a urine infection but a test soon ruled that out. I not under any stress and I don't do anything overly energetic, I am a healthy 26 year old!! He felt my belly but didn't say anything. He says it could be a bowel infection! But could I still be pregnant if it is?He says that my feeling of nerves all the time is a symptom many pregnant ladies describe! I have to stay off my pill and can't take anything for the discomfort just in case!! He says to try a test again next week! apparently the hormones may not be strong enough yet. But what if that's negative? I want to try avoid the blood test because I suffer panic attacks when needles are around!! Can anyone relate to this? Its driving both me and my husband nuts, we just want to know!!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 09:31 AM

If you have panic attacks around needles, than pregnancy is going to be torture for you.

A lot of times when you are trying or think that you are pregnant you interrupt things differently then when you aren't worrying about it. Besides that worrying can alter your cycles as well. Just try (I know that it is difficult) and relax and wait out the week, so that you can take another test in a week. Make sure that you are using your first mornings urine. Good luck to you.
    mrs pc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 12:09 PM
    We weren't trying for a baby and up until a few days ago it didn't really bother me its just now all the signs are pointing in that direction. I can't even take anything for the bowel infection just in case, if the DR didn't think I could be pregnant then surely he would prescribe something!! I hear that home test kits can give false negatives all the time!! Has anyone been this late before, what happened?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs pc View Post
    We werent trying for a baby and up until a few days ago it didnt really bother me its just now all the signs are pointing in that direction. I can't even take anything for the bowel infection just in case, if the DR didnt think i could be pregnant then surely he would prescribe something!!!i hear that home test kits can give false negatives all the time!!! has anyone been this late before, what happened?
    I have been that late a few times in my life. Our bodies are a mystery, sometimes we just miss a period for no reason at all, or, you could have an infection that is causing your period to be late.

Of course pregnancy is an option, and yes, sometimes the hpt's do give a false negative, because there isn't enough hormone present to detect. Some women never get a positive with an hpt, even though they are pregnant.

Wait out the week, eat and drink healthy, don't stress yourself out, all of these things can cause your period to be late.

Take another hpt in a week, use first morning urine and then go from there.

Let us know what happens.

Good luck.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 12:18 PM

HPTs also give real positives if used properly, if you are concerned about needles that limits your options. So an at home test taken in the morning is your option. If you peek around, women are late often. The threads are all over the board. Other than telling you to wait and take another test in a while, that is the best advice we can give. Every woman's symptoms very.
    TCHRbyTrade Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 11:45 AM

Mrs PC any updates? Have you found anything out yet, going through a similar situation. I am wishing you the best!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brownish wipe and 7 days late with no symptoms. [ 3 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE My girlfriend is late for her period about 7 days and she has no signs of being pregnant. We HAD protected sex, but midway through intercourse the condom split and I took it out carefully and quickly. I did not ejaculate for sure, I know about pre-. We did not continue to have sex, we...

8 Days late on my Period! NOT PREGNANT! Weird symptoms! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Linsay I am 21 years old. I have been looking through all these womens' posts who have had late periods. I am having the same problem. I have taken several pregnancy tests and they are negative. I have already had one baby and I don't feel pregnant, at least not like I did the...

10 days late--no period/symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

My period is 10 days late. I have done 3 pregnancy tests, all with first a.m. urine, that have been negative. I have not had any nausea or breast tenderness. However, I did spot lightly on the day my period was due. I am normally regular,have not changed my level of activity, been dieting, or...

12 days late with symptoms, negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my girlfriend told me that her midwife had recommended some gentle over the counter progesterone cream with wild yam to help her with low levels of prog. I knew that I too had low levels of Prog. Due to my short Luteal Phase. So I bought some and thought Id give it a try. The first...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

View more questions Search