Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs pc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 07:01 AM
    10 days late and negative test
    Hi

Im new to this but basically I was due on my pill free week 12 days ago and I normally come on 2 days later but as it stands I'm 10 days late. I did a test at 7 days it was negative! I went to DR that day told him my symptoms( bad stomach pain, head ache and feeling sick and slightly dizzy on occasion, very teary at certain things) At first he though it was a urine infection but a test soon ruled that out. I not under any stress and I don't do anything overly energetic, I am a healthy 26 year old!! He felt my belly but didn't say anything. He says it could be a bowel infection! But could I still be pregnant if it is?He says that my feeling of nerves all the time is a symptom many pregnant ladies describe! I have to stay off my pill and can't take anything for the discomfort just in case!! He says to try a test again next week! apparently the hormones may not be strong enough yet. But what if that's negative? I want to try avoid the blood test because I suffer panic attacks when needles are around!! Can anyone relate to this? Its driving both me and my husband nuts, we just want to know!!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 10, 2009, 11:31 AM

I would call to request a blood test. Its possible that is is too early to get an accurate test result, so ask for a quantitative blood test rather than qualitative. That will be the most accurate in your situation. Good luck! I hope you get the result you want.
    mrs pc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Thanks, I really need to be pacient don't I!! I don't know anything about pregnancy but I think we will be dissapointed if Im not!! I wonder if I do have an infection though and maybe that's why I'm late?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 Days late and still negative pregnancy test [ 5 Answers ]

I have been put on perimetrium because I keep miscarring. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months and I have has one miscarriage this time. I had 4 previous to my son being born. I am now 10 days late and I still get a negative pregnancy test. Has anyone had this problem and...

8 days late, 1 negative test [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently 8 days late on my period and I have already took one home pregnancy test and it said negative but I feel really strange I have been getting sick right before I go to bed and my side has been hurting and I have never had these feelings before. Does anyone have any suggestions as to...

11 days late, negative. Pregnany test [ 1 Answers ]

I am 11 days late for my period, with a negative pregnancy test, I feel like I'm going to start anytime, but not, I feel all period symptoms, what should I do?

21 days late, Negative test [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 days late on my period which is unlike me.. I always come on between 24 - 28 days of my cycle... I have done 2 tests which were negative, I also have sore breasts but other than that I don't have any symptoms.. I have been pregnant before and didn't start having sickness until found out...

View more questions Search