Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sb1492 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Achieving even tone on acne-prone, oily face and body area
    I have lots of dark spots on my face, due to hyperpigmentation left from acne. I also have tiny widespread, dark spots along my right arm, breasts, and back due to a rash caused by an allergic reaction. In addition to all of that, I also have a ton of dark spots on my lower legs, and dark elbows and dark knees.

What can I use to get an even complexion on my body area and what can I use to get an even complexion for my oily, acne-prone face? Also, please don't suggest anything with hyrdoquinone and if you list products can you please tell me where I can buy it from and the price range? Thanks. :)
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Apr 11, 2009, 06:54 AM

Have you though about using a skin peel ?
    I had a scar on my arm that was removed using a tca peel from eBay.

Obviously you have to use it with caution and make sure you follow the instructions to the letter to avoid making the situation worse, but is great for the body.

Apr 11, 2009, 06:55 AM
    If you want something a little gentler then something from this company may be useful.

Chemical Peels, Chemical Peel, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Jessner, Lactic Acid Peels, Chemical Free Enzyme Peels, Pumpkin Peels

Apr 11, 2009, 06:57 AM
    There is also this company

Skin Peels and Peeling Treatments for Wrinkles, Acne Scarring & Blemishes

Apr 11, 2009, 07:00 AM
    You have to take into account that using peels on the face may require that you have some "downtime", where the skin is shedding so you may not want to be seen out.

You also have to remember that skin peeling leaves the skin more sensitive, so a good sun cream/ block is essential.
    sb1492 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    You have to take into account that using peels on the face may require that you have some "downtime", where the skin is shedding so you may not want to be seen out.

You also have to remember that skin peeling leaves the skin more sensitive, so a good sun cream/ block is essential.
    Thanks for answering.

Approximately how much downtime will I need? I'm a teenager and go to school everyday. Also, if I use the peel, can I still use my acne products and makeup (mainly foundation)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tip for treating & clearing acne/pimple prone skin [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I have very acne prone skin and have discovered a very simple, inexpensive way to treat and clear acne, pimples, large pores, black heads, and white heads. After only 1 week of use, my face is clear, skin texture is smoother, pores less visible, even tiny eye wrinkles are...

Pimples and a oily face what's worse [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I am 16 year old boy here I have a serious problem of pimples It really sucks I presently use benzoyl peroxide at alternate days Wash my face thrice And apply a herbal astringent Nothing has worked I also have a very oliy kind of face help

I have oily and pimply face- I want beautiful skin [ 7 Answers ]

Hi.. I am nineteen years old. I have very oily skin and pimples on my face. I have tried every kind of anti acne cream.. Nothing worked. What should I do to get glowing and beautiful clear skin. And please tell me what I should include in my diet and what I should avoid eating.. thank you.

What skin care product for acne prone skin? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 24 year old female and have been bothered by acne for more than 10 years. I get small pimples easily all over my face and my pores are big. I have very sensitive skin and I get pimples when I'm stressed or during weather change ( as I've moved from a tropical country to a dry country-...

Brownish complextion , pimples and oily face [ 1 Answers ]

I am Mahtab from Pakistan. I am having brownish complextion with pimples on my face. My face is oily too. I want best solution which remove my pimples and change my complextion to fair/white. Thanks Waiting to hear from You soon.

View more questions Search